Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ellington hasn't woken up yet. The Lynch's and Ratliff's visit him everyday but Rydel hasn't left his side(unless to eat or go to the bathroom).

-A week later-

Rydel POV

I was lying on my arms by Ell's bed as i was awake all night trying to persuade the wedding planner to postpone the date of the wedding.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and thinking it was ell,i shot up. Instead a see my mum.

"Oh honey.. I'm sorry to wake you but don't you think you should go home and rest? I can look after him if you want." My mum said politely. I smiled weakly and looked at Ellington lay on the hospital bed motionless. I hear the heart rate monitor beats slowly as i notice the bruises on his face lightening. "Yea..i think that'll be a good idea." "But if anything happens,call me asap okay?" I say quickly. "Of course." My mum replies. I leave the chair and my mum walks me to the door. "Go home,take a long bath,freshen up and take a nap alright? You can come back at night." She offers. I nod and left.

-

The ride home was long considering i leave 30mins away. Soon it started raining and i listen to the songs on the radio. Suddenly i hear,

"next up, we are playing One last dance by R5" And the song starts to play.

Really?? I stop at a side of the road and started to cry. I miss Ellington so much.. I want him to hold me... Tell me it's gonna be okay..

I reach the house by the time the rain stopped and immediately collapsed onto the bed. I took a bath and sat at the dressing table to dry my hair. Omg my eyebags..... It was 4.30pm and i still have 2 hours before i go back to the hospital. I decided to put on a mask and take a nap.

Tonight we'll dance

i'll be yours and you'll be mineeeeee

My phone rang. It's my mum.

I reached for my phone on the drawer beside the bed and answered

R: hello?

Mum: rydel! Ellington's awake!

R: WHAT?! REALLY???

Mum: *laughs* yes honey,he woke up a few minutes ago and is asking for you ever since.

R: That's great! I'll be there!

I immediately hung up. I took off the mask and grabbed my bag to leave.

-

I reach Room 126. Everyone was crowding around Ell's bed. They saw me and turned around smiling brightly. Soon,he was in my sight and i ran towards him.

"Ell!" I ran up to him and hug him. Oh my gosh i feel the happy tears coming! "I missed you so much.. Please don't ever leave me again." I hugged him again. He kissed my forehead lightly. "I'm sorry for making you so upset this past week. And i won't,i love you rydel." I smiled and kissed him on the lips even though he had sick people's breath. I don't care,as long as i'm with him,i don't care! "I love you too Ell."