Chapter 6. She walks like rihanna

Chase

I could see how giddy and nervous Ylona was during the car ride. It would've been funny aside from the fact that she keeps mumbling something underneath her breath as if cursing me.

As much as I love this girl, she scares me sometimes. Who knows what kind of stuff she could be getting from the internet!

"Li.. it's not that bad." I try to comfort her.

She wasn't even listening to me. So I turn on the radio instead, relying on the music to help her relax. It's her way out. Always have been.

Just the way you are by Bruno Mars was playing on the radio and I could basically feel her relax beside me.

Her eyes, her eyes, makes the stars look like they're not shining. Her hair, her hair, looks perfectly without her trying. She's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday.

Perfect.

I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me. And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see. But everytime she'd ask me if 'I look okay?' I say..

She starts to tap her hands against her thighs. Visibly comfortable against the tension.

When I see you face, there's not a thing that I would change..

"Coz you're amazing, just the way you are." I kinda get infected with the hype that I end up singing to Bruno Mars. I look towards her to see her shocked expression and I couldn't help but bite back a smile. "What? Sorry miss singer. I can't be hot and talented at the same time. God won't allow it. He's giving other people chance to compete with me." I kid, much to her amusement.

"Not bad, Chase. Not bad at all." She grins as if approving of my singing skills. Or the lack of it.

"I try my best." I grin back at her.

She suddenly stiffens as she realize that I just parked the car on the underground parking lot of the agency. "We're here babe. Let's go see some chicas!"

****

"Is he bullying you again?" Oni, glares at me, letting me know that I'm still not in her good books.

She's still not over the passing out incident during college.

"Aww. I missed you too twat." I tease her, patting her head like some sort of puppy.

Ylona laughs at the sight of her sister scolwing at me. "Alright, stop it you two. I really don't want to get in between you guys catfighting again. Last time I intervined between you.." She points out to the both of us. "I got scratched." She grimaced at the thought.

"I don't have claws so that's all on her." I defend myself.

"I wouldn't dare scratch my sister you dummy!" Onika shouts clearly losing composure. She's just so fun to kid around especially with her reactions.

I didn't even know I was smirking when Ylona swats my forearm and motioned to her sister.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry.." Onika was about to grin when I continued. "twat."

"Ugly!" She bits back.

"So.." Ylona chimes in, foreseeing another battle between me and her sister. "How's it going sis?" She takes Oni's attention away from me and shifts to another topic.

Obviously, it's effective, seeing as Onika's face brightens up at the mention of her work.

"It's actually starting to settle down quite beautifully. Everyone knows what to do, what to wear, how to walk properly, and everyone seems legitimately excited about the whole show." She then proceeds to give us a tour of the place.

I was about to enter the room the two girls just proceeded to but I instantly stopped as I noticed the large sign 'GIRLS DRESSING ROOM'.

"Yow babycakes!" I shout, hoping to catch Ylona's attention, only to get everyone's attention. "Uhm.. Maybe I'll go.. Look for something to eat." I lamely make an excuse.

"But we just ate." She says, unsure of what's going on. It's only then she notices my discomfort when her eyes fell on the sign at the door. "Oh. I.." She backs me up as she gets out of the room to grab my hand.

"Oni! I'll just go find something to drink." She calls out to her sister whose busy talking with a guy. Grey was it? I don't know. All I know is that it felt nice when Ylona holds my hand.

We start to walk towards what we think is the company's lunch room.

"There were guys in there as well you know." She points out.

"I know. It just doesn't feel right to go inside a girl's dressing room when they barely even know me. They might think of me as some pervert who got backstage pass."

She chuckles at this. "You are a pervert."

We both laughed at each other knowing that this is our way of teasing each other. It's only until someone coughs that we get distracted.

"Who's a pervert now?" A guy, seemingly known as Cole Lucas, interrupts us.

Ylona freezes at the sight of him.

"Cherry?" He asks, his eyes trailing down to our intertwined hands. I swear I could see a flash of irritation in them for a split second. Or maybe I just imagined it?

"Cherry. It is you!" He realizes and soon makes his way towards us, immediately bringing Ylona in for a hug.

As he does this, he purposely shoves me off of Ylona, making me let go of her hand.

Guess Mr. Popular has a little crush on my girl.

Ylona awkwardly pats him on the back, too stunned to even return the hug. "Hey there."

"Did you come visit your handsome friend? Huh? Huh?" He prods, grinning from ear to ear.

Ylona blushes at the sight, only to surprise not only me but also Cole when she darts straight out of the room.

"She can sing, she can dance, but that girl definitely doesn't walk like Rihanna." I chuckle at the thought of her awkwardly fast walking outside of the room.