Chapter 7. Jump then fall

Ylona

It's been a week after Oni's fashion show. Apparently, Maxwell agencies took a liking to the town that they decided to be partners with Colonia agencies. Now they have models whose taking residence here and now working locally.

It so happens that Grey and Cole were to stay.

And with the success of the show, also comes Oni's busy sched. I rarely get to see her at home anymore and I'm more than worried if she's doing okay. I mean, does she get enough sleep? Is she eating at the right time? I don't even know anymore.

Chase was right. With Oni busier than ever, I was always left alone.

Again.

And again.

And again.

*beep beep*

A text comes in my phone distracting me from my thoughts.

I miss you babe.

Chase. Seemingly my only friend at the moment besides Merzia.

You just miss checking me out you perv. -Y

True enough ;) Anyway, are you at your house again? You need to go out more. -C

I'm not feeling it really. -Y

Why? Are you okay? Do you want me to come over? Hold on lemme call you. -C

Before I even get a chance to reply my phone rings and I immediately know who it was.

"You okay?" He asks from the other end, voice laced with concern.

"I'm okay Chase. Just.." I falter.

"Feeling lonely again?" He continues for me knowing all too much. "You do know Merzia's not the only person in town." He chuckles trying to lighten my mood up.

"I know silly. I just don't feel like I wanna go out." Not even for photography as much as the weather's perfect.

"I just need to finish a project and I'll be right back there princess." Chase comforts me.

"Focus on it and don't worry about me much. I'm fine." I reply, trying to convince myself more than him.

"I love you Li. You know that. You know I worry about you, especially now that Oni's busy." I could practically feel his genuine emotions over the phone.

"I've had worse days." I chuckle finally free from anxiety. This guy could pretty much pass off as a therapist. "Thank you Chase."

"For what?" He asks, confused.

"For being there for me. For always having my back." I confess.

"Always and forever." I could only imagine him smiling as he says the words. "I have to go now. Breaks over. You gon' be okay?"

I nod but then I realize my mistake and say yes to him.

"Okay then. See you when I see you. Love you. Bye." And with that the phone call ends.

Now on a more jovial mood than I was a few minutes ago, I decide to go to the place Chase took me when we went around town.

I brought my camera, a box of colored pencils, and a drawing pad.

I decided to wear a white off shoulder long sleeve, the one Oni gave to me on my birthday, and paired it with an acid wash denim pants.

Knowing the place I decided to wear my white converse for comfort.

I put everything in my backpack, including my phone, and locked the house before I left.

I reached the place around thirty minutes or so and walked ten minutes more to a much more secluded area. It was a cliff over looking the sea.

Simply breathtaking.

The calm winds, the sun, the sound of the water splashing beneath me against the rocks. Everything seemed in place.

Chase told me you can actually cliff dive from this angle but we never really tried since I'm actually afraid of the unknown. He wanted to jump to prove it to me but with much effort of pleading I talked him out of it.

I put my camera out, along with my drawing pad and colored pencils and start to take in the view in front of me.

A few minutes of silence passed by when I suddenly heard a twig break behind me. I turn around but see nothing.

I'm starting to get creeped out, like I feel a pair of eyes watching me.

I suddenly remember that I'm alone in a secluded area and I'm basically vulnerable to any attack.

I know that this place has patrols strolling around the area every so often, but I don't think I can hear their pick up truck anywhere near.

My mind starts to panic as I can now hear the footsteps towards me.

Oh shit shit shit.

I stand up, ready to face whoever it may be, looking back to face my fears.

This is bad.

As I look back to see who it was, my heart skips a beat when I see a guy in a black hoodie and sunglasses. He was in a poorly lit area where all the foliage and the leaves gives the area a shady and dark aura.

I take a step back when he looks up, still not getting a better view of his face, and realize that I had no where else to go. I was literally between him and the cliff.

He took a step forward, about to say something but I failed to hear it as I did what my brain told me to do.

Eyes closed. Heart in hand.

Jump.

Then fall.

****

Cole

She just jumped off the cliff.

Fuck! She fucking jumped off the cliff.

I raced to where her previous location was before she fell backwards from the cliff.

This is my fault. I probably scared her!

Fuck what do I do?

What do I do?!

There was no way I was gonna let anything bad happen to her. Especially not on my account.

Eyes closed. Heart in hand.

Jump.

Then fall.