II

《· of innocent swordplay ·》

~°~

296 years later,

She stood beneath a tree with the whisper of a gust breathing on the sweat glistening on her skin. It brought a cool sensation to the adrenaline filling her body with heat. Energy rushed through her veins, pouring into her aching muscles with a throb she couldn't bounce from. As she braced herself against the tree with a gloved hand, she let out a breathless chuckle.

"Are you trying something?" questioned her older sister, Audrey, as she approached from behind.

Olivia secretly grinned while she spoke innocently. "Of course not."

With the wooden sword gripped tightly in her hand, Olivia spun around, smacking Audrey's sword right out of her hand. Her sister let out a gasp, jumping back with recoiling hands, which Olivia took advantage of. She dove sideways, rolling onto her back, and snatched up the discarded sword.

Using the momentum to pull herself up, Olivia crossed both swords against Audrey's neck, and Audrey froze, spurring Olivia's grin. "Why would I dare such a thing?"

Her sister rolled her eyes, swatting the swords away with a glare. "I don't see the thrill in playing swords, sister. It isn't fun."

Olivia chuckled. "Of course, it isn't fun for you, Reeree. You're losing."

"No, you're just cheating."

"You're gullible enough to fall for them," Olivia retorted with a shrug.

Holding out the sword, Olivia watched as Audrey glared at the awaiting sword with crossed arms and a twitching brow. Much to her amusement, her sister's hands balled, and she knew she had her sister cornered.

"I am not gullible," Audrey grumbled, snatching the wooden stick from Olivia. "I'm merely concerned."

Olivia rolled her eyes, easily blocking Audrey's advancing attack. "Concerned about what?" Olivia twirled around, arching her sword out, and Audrey barely worked to block it. "Your poor swordsman skills?"

Audrey groaned in defeat. "No. I'm concerned about you."

"Me?" Olivia paused. Audrey went to strike, but Olivia effortlessly leaned to the side on one leg to dodge it. "Why?"

Audrey paused as well. "You're twenty-three springs, Olivia, and you still haven't been wedded."

A sigh drew from her lips, and Olivia lowered the sword. She should've known there was a secret motive behind Audrey finally giving in to her constant begging to practice swords. Of course, there always had to be a reason for two sisters to simply spend time together. Never to just be sisters.