Chapter 13

Previous: I tried hurling the doors open with no success, normally i could have broke the lock but i had no weapon.

I decided to go back and wake the others, if we were going through, we were going together.

Percy

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. I groggily opened my eyes to see Annabeth. Her hair was falling out of her ponytail, the dark semi moons under her eyes giving away the fact that she was tired as hell. Annabeth never bothered to put on make up, not even back in the good days, not that she needed any. She'd always been different from the other girls, and that was one of the many things I loved about her.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, what hour was it, two, maybe three in the morning?

"Whats wrong?" I asked

" We found it, a door, in the forest,well we don't know where it leads for sure, but it must be behind those walls." she said. She sounded really exited.

"I'll be right out" I said as I got up to grab my jacket and sword. She went out to wake the others.

When I came out of my tent, almost everyone was out, grabbing weapons and folding tents. I folded mine too, and threw it into a portal. I adjusted the stupid armor, it was heavy as hell, if we got back alive, I'd have to ask for a uniform change.

One of the new girls, the blonde one, showed the way, from what I heard, she was the one to find the tunnel in the first place.

The doors didn't look like much, Thalia broke the lock with her spear and Leo led the way in, a fire ball in his hand.

As much as I could see, the tunnel hadn't been used in ages, cobwebs were everywhere, the wood that held the tunnel up was cracked and wet, there was water on the floor of the cavern and it was completely dark except for Leo's light. There were old unlit torches on the walls. Leo lit one and passed to Reyna, who was right behind him, she lit another and passed it to Evelyn. One eventually got to me, and I was glad, I almost ran into Frank about a thousand times so far. I was also glad for the water we were walking in. It felt good, like the only thing I knew from my life before beside my friends.

Leo eventually came to a stop.

"There's a door" he said "But we still don't know if it's safe, there might be guards, or monsters or..." He never got to finish because Reyna cut in.

"You're such a wimp..." I could basically see her rolling her eyes and pushing him aside.

I heard metal cling against metal and the the door creaked open.

It was all dark on the other side,and we didn't have our torches any more, we left them there, thinking it would draw too much attention.

When we emerged from the tunnel, I expected to end up somewhere outside, but I knew we weren't outside. The air was not fresh and it smelled like something had been rotting there. I could only guess we were in the catacombs of the palace.

" What now?" Hazel asked

" We could find a way out of the catacombs, let them know were here. After all, we were sent here to help them win this war" Piper said

"What if they consider us enemies?"

"Maybe Chaos told them we're coming"

"I highly doubt that" that was Evelyn

"Why wouldn't he?" Leo asked

" Because it's our first mission, he wants to see us adapt, he is testing us, probably watching us right now."

" Shouldn't he go easy on the newcomers?" Frank asked

"Apparently not"

"Guys, come on, we've been through worse, I think we can handle it" Jason said

Finally Annabeth and Thalia got bored of sting around and made Leo lite another fireball.

We broke down some doors, knocked out some guards, turned around for about a million times, but we finally emerged into the actual castle.