Pack

It's been 3 months since the day Erick mated me. The day I lost Laken. My belly was growing larger, of course wolfs were only pregnant 7 months rather then a humans 9 months.
Today was a holiday too. The day where you gift your mate, and your children and parents. My mother was trying to cheer me up as best as she could. She came over early and woke me up, she made me shower and then as soon as I got out of the shower she began to groom me. Brushing my hair and giving it tiny trims. Erick woke up and sat up looking at us. " Good morning beautiful women" he said smiling "My mother pipped up quickly. "Good morning Alpha, how was your sleep?" She asked making sure I didn't greet him. "It was wonderful, however I feel like my morning was missing something." He said smirking as he got up, he walked over to me as he was completely naked and bent down kissing my lips. "I think I missed your goodmorning" he said smiling. I said very quietly "Goodmorning mate" he smiled at my words and wandered into the bathroom. "Laken was bigger" my mother whispered in my ear. I giggled lightly and covered my mouth. "Shush mother, that's rude" I said as I heard the shower start. "It's true" she said snorting, then going back to brushing my hair. "It's good to see you smiling again" she said. "I will smile more in the future, it just takes time for it to go away" I said to her. No women in my pack has ever had what I've had to deal with. "And your stomach is so big" she said grabbing my tummy. "Have you two talked about raising La- the pup?" My mother asked not wanting Erick to over hear Lakens name and get upset. "Yes, he has told me that the pup shall call him father, and that the pup will be raised as his. And I am not to tell the pup if it's biological father." I said with a bit of hurt in my voice. "Well at least he's not casting it away." She said finishing my hair. I stood up as Erick came out of the bathroom, this time with a towel around his waist. "I would like a moment alone with my mate" he said to my mother, "Now don't you go messing up her hair it took me an hour to do that" she said glaring at him as she walked out the door. He looked up at me and walked over to me. Grabbing my waist and pulling me close to him. "I heard his name, what were you talking about?" He said growling as his fingers pushed into me. I let out a small yelp "She just wanted to know how you were going to treat her grandpup, the one fathered by L- him" I said as I couldn't even bring my self to mutter his name. I hung my head low as his fingers released. "Why does everyone think I'm such a murderous person?" He growled. I wanted to say something but I kept silent. "I will never hurt his child, I didn't even want to kill him, but it was the only way to get you, I never felt complete with her, I was missing you, I could see how happy he made you and I knew that it should have been me, he knew it should have been me, everyone knew it. But you still choose him, and now we're here. The pain you feel for him is because of your own choice." He said walking into the closet. I felt like he was right, but I knew he was wrong. I sighed and walked out of my room.
The entire pack was in the meeting area, with food and presents, everyone was so happy. I sat in a corner with two other pregnant females. The midwife was rumored to be coming today. She travels around from pack to pack in our state. There are 19 packs in my state alone, with plenty of work for her to stay busy. She's also bringing her three apprentice's. I saw her out of the corner of my eye walk in. She spotted the large growling bellies and made a straight line to us. Soon her hands were all over the first women's belly. She pulled out a few charms and items before smiling and saying "What do you think it is?" To her apprentices. They placed one hand on her belly each and opened there eyes and said "Boy" the midwife nodded and went to the second female. She did her tricks again and looked at the apprentices. "Boy" they said again. The midwife nodded. She sat in front of me. "Your not alone," she said as she looked down and then up into my eyes, "Your the 10th one in our state who has lost her first mate to the Alphas rage. You see sometimes the goddess gets bored and makes up funny stories and tricks us. In fact your fate is very similar to the others. Our goddess, really wanted the males she allowed us to bond with, knowing it would get them killed. She's a hungry one, and your just one of her puppets. However, now that she has harmed you she's forever in your debt. The more she harms, the less goddess she becomes. However, I do know, that when the first female passes she will most likely replace the goddess. But your story has one thing different then the rest, you got a pup from it" she said and grabbed my belly, "hmm, that's weird" she said before her apprentices put their hands on my belly. "Twin Girls" the three said. The midwife pushed there hands away. " No, well yes two girls, but not twins. " the midwife said. "She pricked my finger before licking my blood. "Ahhh, I see now, the goddess either cursed you or gifted you." She said smiling. "What? Are they sick?" I asked panicked. "No no, however they are only related because of you. In fact, one is older then the other by 6 days. One is your past mates, and one is your current mates" she said holding my belly. I looked down at the daughters growing inside of me. "What will happen when the first one wants out?" I said to her. "One will wait 3 days before coming out, and one will give up 3 days before coming out,they will both be healthy." I looked down and grabbed my belly. "Thank you" she smiled and nodded. "I'm going to be staying around until you give birth, I want to catalogue everything, this is a first for me." She said smiling. "What about the others?" I asked her, "My apprentices will travel all separately, and cut my time in three, they have been training for 3 years for this." She said and smiled at me.

Soon Erick was by my side with a glass of water. "So what is it?" He asked me. "Girls" I said. He looked down " He got you pregnant with twin girls?" He asked me. "No, he gave me daughter, and so did you" he looked at me in bewilderment. "I'm going to be a father?" He said looking shocked. "You were going to be a father either way." I told him, "But now I will have a proper heir" he said walking away to tell the entire pack.