Chapter 3:Recess

Audrey's POV
"Stop!"

"-fried chicken, large fries-"

"Have mercy!"

"-Hawaiian pizza, four glazed donuts, a large cup of ice tea-"

"Can you really eat all of that?!"

"Yes. Hash brown, a medium sized burger- hold the onions- and for desser-"

"No desserts!" He cried.

"-A large sundae and a slice of blueberry cheesecake."

The waitress finishes writing the orders. He sulks at the corner, holding his wallet like it would be the last time he'd see it.

"You basically robbed me." He sulks.

"No I didn't. You voluntarily asked me."

"But-"

"'Order whatever you want' remember?" I said, mimicking his voice the way he said it before. He continues sulking and I laugh. "I'll share some with you if it makes you feel better."

The waitress comes back with the food. He tries taking the hash brown. I shoo his hand away.

"I'll decide what you get to eat."

"Yeah, it's not like it was spent with my money. Go on, master. Pick whatever you want to bestow upon me."

I give him one of the glazed donuts. He looks at me in over exaggerated appreciation.

"A glazed donut? You really are the most generous!"

I roll my eyes. Nick and Evan sits next to us.

"What's with all the food?" Evan asks. Nick snickers.

"Ask Austin."

Austin sulks again while eating his donut. Evan raises his eyebrow to Audrey. "What did you do?" He asks accusingly. He looks at the food and the empty wallet Austin is looking at with a dead expression and he looks at me with a 'did you seriously rob the new student' look.

"He told me to order whatever I want!" I defend.

"Biggest mistake I ever made." He mutters.

"Audrey!" He scolded. "Apologize to him. He didn't know your reputation of robbing other people for their money to buy food. Of course he would volunteer to buy you food, sweet lad he is." [A/N:Oh my god, why do I feel so sarcastic for writing this.]

"Yeah. Join the club." Nick says.

"But they were selling scrambles at the time!"

"And that allows you to rob me?" Nick raises his brow.

"Stop exaggerating. It wasn't a rob, you were just being a helpful friend that was kind enough to give me some money to buy scramble."

"Not willingly." He reminds.

"Well, I said thank you didn't I?"

"You didn't."

"Oh."

"Back to the point," Evan says. "Apologize. To both of them."

I sigh. "Yes, mother."

I take the hash brown and burger and give the hash brown to Austin and the burger to Nick. "Sorry." I reluctantly said.

"It wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"Like eating rocks."

Nick and Austin laugh. "I feel better now." Austin says.

"Good to know you feel better when your friend suffers."

"We can be more than that if you want to." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

I push his face away with my hand covering his annoying, childish,

adorable face.

What?

No. No,no,no,no,no. He is not adorable!

Agree to disagree.

"By the way, the group project, do you two have plans for it already?" Evan asks.

"No. Do you?"

"Not really. Nick and I haven't thought of anything yet. That's why we're asking you both."

"Why does this burger have no onions?" Nick asks, opening the top bread of the burger.
I put my hand out to him. "Don't want it, don't have it." He holds the burger protectively. "I didn't say that."

"Thought so."

"By the way, what should we do for our project, partner?"
Austin asks.

"Still calling me that I see."

He grins. "Yes, partner."

"Calling each other names already? Aren't you two close." Nick says in a tone I know too well. I groan. "Don't."

Nick takes a deep breath.

"I swear I'll kill you."

Opens his mouth.

"Don't you dare."

And shouts, "I ship it!"

"You little shit."