Chapter 7

A week flew by without much happening. The boys finally finished their detention sentence and were very glad of it. Lea had gotten to hang out with Sarah one of the days and decided she was a really awesome girl. He’d also began regularly hanging out with Joseph after school to the brunet’s ‘displeasure,’ but it did feel like the brunet was warming up to him a bit. He hadn’t threatened to electrocute the red-head again (which was a positive sign) although he learned not to bother Joseph while he was in the zone, controlling the sky. The brunet wouldn’t usually respond, anyways. Then there was the thing about the spirit hanging around Joseph. Lea caught glimpses of her every now and then but only when the brunet was deep into sky shifting. She didn’t feel like other spirits, Lea noticed. She felt more foreboding if that made any sense.

         “Do you get this problem?” Sarah asked, getting Lea’s attention from his retrospective musings.

         “You’re asking the wrong person,” Lea shrugged. Chemistry was not his strong point.

         “Well then…” Sarah shook her head and blew the bangs out of her face in frustration. She did that often when she was troubled by something, Lea noticed. It was cute

         “Sure gingers don’t have souls, but I was sure we had brains!” Lea joked. Sarah laughed at this.

         “Yeah, we’ll just have to make up for it with our wit, right?”

         “Indeed!”

         After a few more moments, both of them threw up their hands in frustration.

         “Screw it, let’s do it tomorrow,” Lea suggested, packing up his bag. Sarah agreed and followed him as he left the library.

         As they were walking, Lea noticed a familiar figure ahead of them. “Hey It’s Joseph!”

         “Your friend?”

         “Yep! Jos—“ Lea was about to call out before Sarah grabbed his arm to stop him. “What?”

         “Nothing! Umm, I just…” Sarah stuttered, something about Joseph terrified Sarah. Lea noticed the look of nervousness on the girl’s face and frowned. It must be the spirit’s fault.

         “Don’t be scared, ok?” Lea gave a reassuring smile to the girl. ”Joseph is a good guy. He has a warm heart, deep, deep, deep down!”

         Sarah smiled a bit and said, “Ok.”

         Lea took her hand and jogged towards the brunet.

         “Joseph, hey!”

         Joseph turned to his name being called. “Hey.”

         “Joseph! Meet Sarah. Sarah meet Joseph,” Lea introduced.

         “N-nice to meet you!” Sarah said nervously, holding out her hand.