Entry 01: Raw

Up until I met the blue boy who I only ever knew before as a fictional character on one of many superpower-centered cartoons, my life was normal.

Or is normal really the word for it, I don't know, it could be a little exaggerated. But at least comparing my life to lives of some other people, mine seemed relatively, dare I say it again, normal. Normal, meaning it's not off the charts of what happens in the life of an Average Joe. After all there's plenty of people growing up with drunken dickhead of a father and illegal business in the backyard. There's more of us, pathology children, than you think, we are unfortunately the 'norm', and I never felt entitled or cursed because of my upbringing.

However this time I was about to do something that would actually set it off the 'normal' rails. And I didn't know yet that this decision would cause me to meet this unique boy who for all I knew shouldn't even exist. One thing would lead to another, and knowing him would have me eventually wind up here, at Xavier's Institute that also supposedly didn't exist, but indeed does as here I am, writing this journal. It turned out there isn't a bold line between 'fiction' and 'reality', but there are other factors that come into play, and I might just be the first person in this entire Universe to learn the truth.

It all started with me deciding to run away.

It wasn't just your usual heat-of-the-moment decision as made by many teenagers, who'd shortly end up returning home unable to face the hardships of this world, or who only did it to bring attention to themselves and let themselves be found.

No, I was preparing for this for weeks, technically, and in my mind and heart - I was preparing for this my entire life.

I want to tell you exactly what happened, but for you to fully understand, you will need to trust me to take you there step by step.

I'm here to tell you this story raw and intimate, starting as far in the past as my memory allows; No more wrapping it in ribbons, no sugarcoating, no romanticizing for sake of entertainment. Ugly, confusing, and at times disgusting - here's the true story of my life and the way it changed completely after meeting Kurt Wagner.