1-800-273-8255

"Hello, you have reached the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Please hold."

I anxiously bite my nails while the on-hold music plays. After about two minutes, a calming voice sounds through the phone. "Hi, my name is Julie. What's your name?"

"M-My name is Louis," I stutter out in a whisper.

"Hi, Louis. May I ask why you are calling?" she asks, concern lacing her words. I can never tell if it's genuine, though. I mean, they have to ask.

I shakily let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair. I feel the tears well up in my eyes and start to stream down my face.

"I...I don't wanna be alive."

Hi to anyone reading! Thank you so much for even bothering to take a look at this story!

This story is based off Logic's song '1-800-273-8255' (as you can tell by the title). This song is super important to me and I thought it could be cool to write about it in context. Yes, the main character of this story is Louis Tomlinson from One Direction. That does NOT at all mean that Louis is going through any of the things talked about in this book-he's just the person I chose to be the main character. THIS IS STRICTLY FICTION. Just thought I'd make that clear.

Also, I'm aware that this is the suicide hotline number for America and clearly Louis is not from America, but, for the sake of the story, go with it.

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS STORY DEALS WITH SUICIDE, SELF HARM, EATING DISORDERS, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, ETC. PLEASE TAKE THOSE INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE READING ANY FURTHER.

If you are struggling with anything, stay strong! I love you and I am always here to talk. Don't be scared to ask for help-reach out to someone and ASK FOR HELP!