Sing

Max

"I'm sorry, but what?" I shake my head.
"I'm pregnant." Kitty mumbles.
"Oh god, oh no." I mumble softly and start pacing the music room. "Who-you know?"
Kitty and Jake look at each other with guilt in their eyes. I take a few deep breaths before running a hand through my hair.
"Right...I get it." I nod. "A stupid mistake right?"
"Yeah." Kitty nods slowly.
"Look, I get you hate me-"
"I don't hate you, Jake." I chuckle and lick my lips. "I'm just shocked that this is happening again."
"Babe, I'm so sorry...I didn't even know until a few days ago!"
I gulp and tug at my hair a little, I'm so screwed.
"It's okay, I just need some time to get over this."

I pick up the phone and let it ring out until I hear that voice.
"Max?"
"Hey, Shelby...can I come see Beth later?"
"You know you don't have to ask, you're always welcome to see her."
I bite my bottom lip and nod my head slowly.
"I think I just need a stress reliever."
"Hard running a show choir." She chuckles.
"You got that right."
"I'll see you later, Max."
I hang up and lean on the piano with a smile on my face, there was a point in time where I wanted to be calling Quinn to tell her I'd be home soon and I'd take care of Beth, but she gave her up and put up drama to try and get her back. It angers me, she chose to give her away...Beth is something that kept me going when I got back here, she reminds me of Quinn, reminds me that life flashes so fast.

I walk into the apartment, looking around at the spotless house. Shelby is totally awesome, she knows how to take care of a kid, teach, and keep a house looking nice.
"Look who it is, Beth!" Shelby giggles whilst the baby reaches for me.
Well, she's not a baby anymore...that scares me.
"Maxy!" I pick the kid up and spin her around to make her laugh.
"Hey, beautiful. How's my princess?"
"Good!" Beth grins happily and wraps her arms around my neck.
"So, what's the drama?"
"Drama?" I frown slightly and put Beth down to go play.
"I know you, Max. I'm a mother and I pick up on this."
"I just...needed a break from things." I gulp and sit myself down on the sofa.
"I see." The older woman sighs softly, sitting right next to me.

After putting Beth to bed with Shelby, we just decided to stay up and talk about things. I updated her on Quinn coming back, Finn, everything but Kitty. I couldn't bring myself to tell her.
"You know, I always thought you and Rachel would end up together."
"Why's that?" I smirk.
"Because she seems like your type." Shelby winks.
"Shelby, are you flirting with me?" I laugh and let her get closer.
"Hey, I'm lonely and I don't get people wanting to visit me."
"I wanna visit you."
"You're a good person, Max. I don't understand how you can be so kind after everything that's happened to you." She places a hand on my thigh and squeezes gently.
"You know, my dad taught me to me kind to everyone, no matter what."
Shelby nods once and leans a little closer.

Fuck it, if Kitty can screw around so can I right?
"I feel like you're flirting with me." I whisper.
"Well, I must be doing a good job."
I can't help myself, I lean in and let her kiss me, the worst part is I can't even stop myself...I feel like it's something I need to do. There's been tension with Shelby since I first started babysitting for her. Plus, it's nice to kiss an older woman for once instead of being the older woman.

"I had fun, but you should get home." Shelby chuckles.
I nod slowly and get myself off the bed, pulling my clothes on and grabbing my things.
"You can come here any time."
"Don't worry, I will." I wink and head on out the door.
I slide into my truck, checking my phone quickly and gulping at the texts and missed calls from Kitty, a few from Rachel too. I frown and call Rachel back to see what's up.
"Max, where were you?"
"I was out, what's up?" I roll the window down and light up a cigarette.
"Well, everyone was invited to your place...we're still here."
"Why?" I chuckle and let the smoke leave my mouth as I talk.
"Your dad and Carol went on some trip remember?"
"Oh shit, yeah. I'll be right over."

I park up my truck and get out, once I get into the house everyone stops and grins at me. Santana gives me this look as if she knows what I was doing a little while ago, I gulp and walk towards her.
"You smell like sex."
"I do? That's weird." I laugh nervously and rub the back of my neck.
"Who were you screwing?" She gives me a playful nudge.
"Shelby." I mutter.
"Wait, What?!" Santana yells which again, draws attention to me.
"Keep it down." I huff. "It's not gonna happen again."
"What won't?" Kurt and Rachel walk towards me.
"She slept with your mom." Santana looks at Rachel who's mouth is now hanging open in shock.
"It was a one time thing and it won't happen again...we got carried away." I shrug and look around.
"You have a girlfriend." My twin reminds me.
"Yeah? And she's pregnant with Pucks little brother." I snap quietly.
"So you got revenge?" Kurt scoffs.
"No! I just...I don't know, there's been tension ever since I met her again."
I look at Rachel before my head turns to one side from the smack she delivers.
"No, you don't get to say anything about this...you cheated on your girlfriend!" Rachel snarls.
"I'll tell her, I feel guilty about it but you didn't have to hit me." I rub my cheek and grumble.
"You should be used to that by now." Santana teases.
"Yeah, although it's usually the cheerleaders doing the hitting." I sigh and turn around. "I'll be in my room, don't bother me unless it's important."

I totally messed up, didn't I?