CHAPTER TWO ━━ A NEW BEGINNING

( act one a battle not yet won )
CHAPTER TWO
a new beginning

( act one ━ a battle not yet won )CHAPTER TWO「 a new beginning 」

         ── THE SOUNDS OF SCREAMS ECHOED IN LILITHS MIND as she tried to keep the babe in her lap quiet

── THE SOUNDS OF SCREAMS ECHOED IN LILITHS MIND as she tried to keep the babe in her lap quiet. And to tell you the truth she was terrified, for the first time in her life. She was afraid for not only her life but the child she now had to raise.

All she could hear was the voices of the pagans as she kept her eyes on the darkening sky. Her hands were trembling and she wondered if the baby boy could tell that his mother was dead. She did not know much about children but she knew that she could not let this baby perish the way everyone else had.

If they had not perished they were taken as slaves and she wondered if that's what she was, a slave. Her father would be rolling in his grave if he ever thought she would be a slave to the pagans. Seeing as how the other men and women were treated she was grateful to the man who had not only saved her but Alarics' as well.

Footsteps came closer and a cloak was placed around her, her eyes darted to the pagan who had the balls to do so. Her eyes met with the blue who had come close to killing her. Ubbe was his name, she had initially scoffed at the name but she soon realized that he had power compared to the others. She wondered who he was and why he was so important.

"You need to eat something," Ubbe spoke softly a plate of food in one of his hands, he watched the woman, he instantly saw as she brought Alaric closer to her, out of instinct. Noticing her hands were trembling and she was dirty, he made a note to have her cleaned up after.

"I don't eat with pagans." She spat, her eyes narrowing at him, he could see that she had been crying. Her jaw clenched as she pushed the plate away slightly, yes she was hungry but she wouldn't stoop so low as to feast with them so soon after her home was pillaged.

Ubbe breathed in and squatted in front of her. His right hand reached out and moved the blanket that covered the child's head, the babe was sleeping soundly. Lilith's eyes never left Ubbes' face. She knew for some reason that he would not hurt her or the child, which confused her because all she ever knew about the pagans was that they were animals.