Chapter XXVII

(A/N) im sorry...

The Greeks had just caught up with us, the Romans had joined us as soon as we exited the room. My mom was looking like a criminal getting chased by an army of kids under eighteen.

It was loud. It was a bit bloody. (Zeus had really done some damage on the Greeks.) And it wasn't exactly safe, either. I knew as soon as we went outside, Pluto Hades and Luke Kronos would be waiting for us.

And I was going to shit my pants just from the thought.

"Half of you, hold of Zeus!" My mom ordered, stopping right in front of the door. "Listen, this door leads outside," she told us. "As soon as we exit, we have to run. Only fight Luke or Pluto if it's necessary. Don't fight for anyone else, it could result in more deaths than needed." She took a deep breath.

"I'm not saying you're going to make it out alive," she explained. "I'm saying to try. Think of who you most desire to see and use that to power yourself... Try and make it to the highway."

"Good luck." Percy and I finished off her little speech.

The doors opened, sunlight streaming into the building. Kids ran out orderly as to not crowd up the door. Percy and I were one of the last ones out.

My mom said to get to the highway.

I'd rather die then let these two live, though.

I charged them head on, pulling the piece of glass from my back pocket. Sure, I was bruised. I knew they could scar. But that isn't reason enough for me stop the attack.

Luke was looking pretty bad, half of his head wrapped in bandages. Pluto was busy trying to hold off some kids, who were taking him down. Zeus was nowhere in sight. The Greeks must have done a number on him.

"Nico, no!" My mom yelled, turning a one-eighty and started to run towards me. "Save yourself!"

"Nico, yes," I mumbled, jamming the glass into Luke's leg. He had been too focused on the battle around him to notice me. He screamed as I pulled the glass down his leg. It cut into my hand, it stung, but Luke's scream was worth it.

Before I knew what was happening, I was thrown aside. Pluto had somehow managed to escape the kids who were kicking the shit out of him.

"You bitch!" He growled, leaning over me, trapping me between his arms and legs. "You never learn, do you?" I saw his fist coming down, slamming into the side of my face. I tasted blood in my mouth, but no teeth fell out, luckily.

I felt a blow to my stomach, ribs, face again, shoulder, chest collarbone, and then I felt something warm and thick run over the side of my face.

Blood?

I looked up. Pluto's expression looked deadly painful. A small squeal was being emitted from him. He sounded like a balloon losing air. It sounded horrible, like Donald Trump trying to sing.

Pluto rolled off of me, standing up.

"That's it," he growled, turning to face my savior. "I've done enough fooling around."

He pulled a knife from his pocket, letting the sun reflect off of it. It looked a bit pretty, to be honest.

Pluto charged, plunging the knife deep into a boy... A boy with black hair and sea green eyes.

He looked at me with those eyes. His mouth formed a word I couldn't hear.

"Run."

Blood came out of that very same mouth.

Pluto must have punctured his lungs.

He reached out from me before hitting the ground.

And that was the last ever seen of Percy Jackson.

"No!" I yelled. "You bastard!" I got up, running. Percy Jackson was the strongest of anyone here, and if he could die that easily, not even getting the chance to defend himself...

I ran. I ran as fast as possible. Tears were slipping out of my eyes. I'd only known Percy Jackson for a day, but that doesn't mean his death didn't hurt.

He died for me.

If I hadn't been so foolish to attack...

He would have gotten to see his mother again.

He would have gotten to go home, hug his mom, relieve her worry, and enjoy a nice plate of cookies.

Blue cookies. The ones he preferred over regular cookies.

So I ran. I was going to save myself for him.

I reached the highway, hearing sirens in the difference. Safety. Police officers.

Revenge.