Chapter 19

Renee's pov:

I walked back home. When I saw my dad half way there standing by his rusted truck, I wasn't surprised. I took a deep breath knowing I wouldn't pass him. I had to stay calm. The calmer, the better.

"Renee, don't even try to walk past me."

"I never tried."

"Don't give me sass.'' He said, his voice strong.

I just stood there. The silence between us grew, but I didn't bother to say a single word. I looked into his eyes and it was so hard. It was like they were staring into my soul and if I didn't look away, I'd go crazy. But I forced myself to stay there, because I wanted to show him I was strong. I wasn't going to just look at the ground and wait for his belt to slash against my back again.

He broke the silence.

"Í told you I'd make you a deal.'' He said.

"And the deal is..?''

''I want you back in Wisconsin away from the life here. I want you away from that boy and away from your mother. Now, you have two options. First choice, you can go with me and I won't hurt anyone or anything. Second choice, you can deny it and I'll find your mother, Matthew and your friends. I will hurt them brutally, but you'll still be in Wisconsin. See Renee, you have no control. What do you choose?''

Call me crazy, but I knew what I had to go back to Wisconsin. There was no way out of that. But I did have a choice of whether my friends, family and Matthew got hurt. I couldn't let that happen. It was so hard to say it.

"I choose choice 1.''

''Good girl," He smiled as I hopped into his car. I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and looked out the window. I couldn't stand to look at my father's face. He just drove off to my mother's house where I'd pack my bags. We finally got there and I hopped out. I had this last moment with my mother. I had to make this okay. I walked inside as my father waited by the car.

''Mom,''

''Renee,''

I walked over to mom which ended up with me running to her. I wrapped my arms around her body which was still weak from the beating. I buried my head in her chest and screamed. My body shook with the tears.

''Renee, what is going on!?'' She asked.

''Mom, I have to go back to Wisconsin. I have no choice. If I refuse, you and everyone I love will get hurt!'' I managed to say through my sobs.

''No Renee! I will not let you go back with that sickening man!''

''Mom, I can't let you get hurt! I have to!''

Mom looked down at the ground in silence. A few more tears slipped past her cheeks and I tried to comfort her. I didn't know what else to say.

"Mom, please. We'll find a way to make this okay. Just let me handle it, alright?"

"Alright Renee. This is hard, but if anything happens, you call me right away. Promise me that."

"But mom, you could get-"

"I don't care if I get hurt. I already screwed up once and I'm not making that same mistake again. Now, promise me that you'll call me if anything happens."

I took a deep breath.

"Promise."

Mom gave me one last hug and I hurried upstairs. I grabbed a suitcase and threw it absolutely everything that I could. Clothes, books, shoes, phone, chargers, makeup, toiletries and basically...everything. It took a few suitcases. By the time I got most of my stuff, the suitcases were about to burst open.

There was one last thing I had to do, before I saw my father. I went to my phone and opened up Matthew's contact. I knew my dad would probably go through my phone and block him so I gave him a fake name. A girls name so he wouldn't freak out.

Isabelle Mayfield

Well now Matthew's name was Isabelle. It was rediculous, but smart. I went downstairs and opened up my front door. He didn't even bother helping me carry the suitcases. I struggled down the front steps as he yelled at me to hurry.

I finally got to the car and slammed the door. I didn't even look at my dad.

Here goes the ride away from everything I love.

Authors note:

Hey honey bunches of oats! Sorry this is so short, but thanks for 61.3k. Ilysm! Also, go check out my friend @maddiemank's book. It's about 1D and it's really amazing.

Lastly, if anyone wants to, could someone make a trailer for this book? Message me and I'll try to get back to you asap! I will love you forever<3

~love Ry(:<3