Chapter 34

Make sure to go check out some of my social medias if you haven't already...

instagram // @ryry.carter

snapchat // @ryry_carter214 (I update my snapchat story a lot)

Renee's pov:

Matthew was beyond mad at Adam. Adam had basically threatened him and I really just wanted for Matthew and I to be happy. I didn't understand why it had to be so complicated for us to have a normal healthy relationship without people trying to get between us.

"You know I trust you, right?" Matthew said.

"Why wouldn't you?" I asked, confirming his statement.Matthew didn't reply. We were driving home from Sams house and we were two minutes away from dropping me off.

"Matthew, don't get so worried. Everything's going to be alright."

Matthew nodded, trying to convince me that he agreed, but I knew he didn't. He was so worried, especially since Adam was a senior and according to many people, he had been put in many fighting and self defense classes since he was six. Matthew kept coming up with all of these scenarios, which I thought some of them were completely ridiculous and unrealistic. Matthew told me Adams family was rich and they could sue Matt if he had tried to fight him.

"You're being unrealistic, Matt. I'm sure if his family knew the real story behind it, they wouldn't sew you."

"You never know," he said as we pulled into my driveway. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and hopped out of the door. I walked inside and shut the door behind me. It was almost 6:00, so I could smell mom cooking in the kitchen.

"I'm home," I yelled.

"How was Sams house?" Mom asked.

"It was alright."

"Did Matthew drive you home? I could've picked you up, if you wanted."

"It's alright. Matt drove me home."

"I'm surprised he didn't stop in to say hi. He doesn't usually just drop you off, then leave."

I stopped to think about what I was going to say. I wasn't really in the mood to explain everything to her. Not that I was nervous. I was just really lazy and wasn't wanting to answer the five thousand questions that she'd probably have.

"He's just...in a mood," I assured.

"He's alright?"

"Of course. Probably just a bad test grade or something." I realized that my excuse was pretty dumb, but it was better than nothing. I went upstairs to go study a bit before dinner was finished.

It was about thirty minutes later when I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and just to my luck, it was Adam. A buzz of fear shot through me. I didn't know whether to answer it, but I knew if I didn't, he would keep calling until I did. It was no use. I might as well answer now, before he got mad.

"Hi Adam."

"Renee."

"Yeah?"

"Can we meet up?"

"Adam, you know that's not a good idea. I'm in a relationship with Matthew and I'm not about to screw things up again."

"Can you stop assuming I'm going to rape you or something? I just want to talk as friends and figure things out." I could sense a tone of anger in his voice.

"I don't know if I can trust you with that."

"Renee, please. Just this once and then I'll leave you alone."