Chapter 24

Renee's pov:

Tonight was the night that I met David, Krissy and Levi. I was a bit nervous, but I knew that if I ever got bored or annoyed, I could go to Matthew's house. It took us quite a while to get to David's place considering the fact that the traffic, but when we got there, we were only five minutes late. They lived in a small apartment. It was average size and nice for the most part.

Mom knocked on the door and took a deep breath. This would only be the fourth time that she'd seen him. David answered the door and smiled at both of us. He handed mom a bouqet and shook my hand.

"You must be Renee. Pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well, Mr.McCormack."

"Please, call me David."

Well, I was off to a good start. He seemed friendly, but not in a fake way. He invited us in and we took a seat at the dinner table. I put my purse down by the chair when to little kids came out. I was assuming they were Krissy and Levi. Krissy was the sparkliest person I'd ever met. Lierally. She had a pink poofy sparkled skirt on. Her top had monkeys on it and a big sparkly peace sign on the back. She had her hair in pigtails and wore neon pink socks that almost blinded me.

"Hi, I'm Krissy!" She said and ran to me.

"Hey, I'm Renee." I smiled. I looked at her outfit once again. The typical eleven year old outfit that doesn't match but sure stands out.

"This is Levi, my little brother. He's six." She pointed to Levi. He tried to hide his face, but he was a cute little kid. He had a green race car shirt on and spongebob pajama pants. He wore thick framed glasses and his blonde hair stuck up everywhere.

"Hi Levi," I said smiling. He waved quickl and then ran to David to hide behind him. Mom and David were having a conversation so I decided to get everyone some drinks. I set them on the table and sat down. Of course, Krissy followed me everywhere. She sat down right next to me.

"So now you're like my older sister! You can do my makeup and I can do your hair. It'll be so much fun."

I didn't know if I wanted to call her a sister yet. Just like how I didn't want to call David a father. But to please Krissy, I agreed with her.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that!"

"And we'll go on shopping trips together! We can go to Justice!"

Justice. When I was Krissy's age, I only wore Justice clothes. I had the fuzzy notebooks and the underwear with monkeys on them. Everything I owned....

"I don't know if I can fit into their clothes anymore," I laughed.

"Yeah, that's sad. You'd look so good in their glittered jeans."

"Well thank you," I said.

David ended up making us puled pork sandwiches. They were really delicious. I had another one. After I polished off that one, I noticed that it was about six. We'd been there for about two hours and I was ready to go home. Mom and David were laughing about some poltical adult conversation. Levi sat quietly and tried to eat and play on his tablet at the same time. Krissy was talking to me about how exciting fifth grade was. I was comparing it to the grade that I was in. I looked over at mom and whispered to her. I asked her when we'd go home.

"I want to stay for awhile longer." She said.

"Okay, well can I go to Matthew's house?"

I didn't want to be rude, but I was getting a bit tired of being here. Mom sighed and took a while to think about it. I patiently waited, tapping my foot.