Act I cont.

BLACK SCREEN:

Serenity is breathing deeply. Her heart is pounding; every heartbeat is faster than the last.

The lights starts to flicker:

Serenity starts tossing and turning in her bed. She grabs ahold of her sheets and clenches them. Squeezing her eyes shut and she starts to sweat. She raises her hands, grabs her head and screams. Her eyes suddenly open. She looks out her window, it's still night.

SERENITY

God? I have a favor to ask you. Please, don’t let me wake up in the morning.

SERENITY

Goes back to sleep

Int. Serenity's bedroom- Morning

Serenity walks downstairs into the kitchen to grab some breakfast and turns on the tv to some cartoons. After her breakfast she gets ready for school.

Fades into:

Int. School Math Class- Day

Serenity is sitting in the middle Row looking up at the board when she gets a note handed to her:

Serenity reads the note

Tonight when you look at yourself in the mirror, I hope you realize that you are completely worthless to everybody on this earth. Your dad even hates you. So you should do all of us a favor and just kill yourself tonight. No one would miss you or even care that you're gone. Stormie.

Serenity looks over her shoulder at stormie and her and a few guys start to giggle. The teacher mr. Wilson hears the giggling and turns around.

MR. WILSON

Serenity look up here.

She turns back around, and stares at the note. Serenity's eyes start to water.

Bell rings.

Serenity covers her face and tries to hurry out of the class as fast as she can before stormie could catch her. It was too late. Stormie and the two guys stop her.

STORMIE

Aww look she's crying. The poor little girl is crying how pathetic.

STORMIE

(Makes pouty face.)

SERENITY

Please just stop.

STORMIE

Why? Did I hurt your precious mentally ill, emo feelings? Did i?

SERENITY

Please stop. Why can't you just leave me alone? What did I ever do to you? Why do you have to do this to me?

A tear runs down Serenity's face. And stormie and the two boys laugh and walk away. The day drags on and Serenity finally arrives home.

Int. Serenitys home- Afternoon

SERENITY

(Runs up into her room and she collapse onto her bed and buried her tear stained face into her pillow.)

Serenity starts to hear the voices in her head talk to her.

VOICE 1

Serenity what are you doing? Letting them do that to you? You don’t deserve this.

SERENITY

Yes I do. I do. I do. I do!

VOICE 1

Serenity look at yourself!

VOICE 2

Kill them.

SERENITY

NO! NO! NO! I would never!

VOICE 2

Make them suffer!

SERENITY

NO! STOP!

VOICE 2

Serenity! Do it! Make them feel your pain!

SERENITY

(Grabs her head.)

SERENITY

No! No! I won't do it! Stop! Just stop!

VOICE 2

Serenity!

Serenity starts hitting her head with her hands.

SERENITY

No, no, no! get out! Get out!

Serenity starts to tear up.

SERENITY

(Heads to the bathroom.)

Int. Serenity's bathroom- Afternoon

Serenity gets on the countertop and stares at herself in the mirror and puts her hand on the glass that was broken from when she had it her head swinging it trying to avoid the monsters that popped into her imagination.

SERENITY

Only I exist here, in this hollowness, depth, where fire of hell burns, burns me alive, and engulfing my mind.

More to come!