six

I stared out the window at the house I hadn't seen in two months. My friends and family were all standing outside waiting. A huge banner that said "Welcome Home, Bethany!" was hung on the front porch.

As we pulled into the driveway, everybody cheered. I climbed out of our Jeep and was closed into a circle of people trying to hug me.

My mom ushered everyone inside and had everyone stand in the kitchen. She served lemonade in tall crystal glasses to all our guests and the pushed her way to the front. She tapped her glass and cleared her throat.

"Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for being here, I know Bethany really appreciates it." she said. People turned to look at me and I smiled and nodded.

"We are so blessed to have made it through these last couple months, we couldn't have done it without everyone's help. Bethany has made an amazing recovery thanks to you all." I sighed and rolled my eyes. I absolutely hated attention.

"To Bethany." my mom raised her glass.

"To Bethany." everyone else said.

"Beth, do you wanna say a few words?" my mom asked.

I shrugged and started making my way to the front. I cleared my throat. As I opened my mouth to speak, images of Austin flashed into my mind. I felt my legs wobble and I fainted.

I woke up sometime later in my own bed, which was nice. I had one hell of a headache and I felt dizzy still, but I knew I needed to see Austin. I went downstairs, using the railing for balance. My mom was standing in the kitchen, everyone else had left. She saw me and ran to my side.

"Hi sweetie! Feeling better?"

"Yeah Mom. Hey, I have to go...run some errands."

"Now? You just woke up! You should just relax for a while and-"

"Mom, I have to pick up my meds from CVS." I lied.

She sighed. "Well, okay. Just be careful."

I kissed her cheek and grabbed my purse and keys. I got into my silver punch buggy and Stay With Me by Sam Smith filled the car. I bobbed my head and headed to the hospital.

I hurried inside and went straight to the front desk. The lady recognized me immediately.

"Bethany! Back so soon?" she chuckled.

"Is Austin Trescott allowed visitors?" I asked.

"Honey, he checked out about fifteen minutes after you did." the woman said. Of course he did.

"Well, could you tell me his address?" I asked huffily.

"I'm afraid I can't share that information, sorry love." she told me.

I groaned and turned on my heel. I stormed out to my car, wondering what I was gonna do.

"Beth?"

I turned to see who had called me. Guess who.

"Austin." I breathed and ran to him. He wrapped me in a warm hug and I smiled. He leaned down and kissed me gently. Instantly, my headache vanished and I could stand up straight.

"We need to talk about..this." I said, smiling.

"Yeah. Do you wanna grab a coffee or something?" he asked me, taking my hand.

I looked up at him and grinned. "I'd love to."

This is kind of a filler oops :/ if any of this isn't making sense, I'll probably explain it in detail in the next chapter. Basically, they literally can't live without each other's kisses. <3

also, I'm leaving to go camping on June 28th and won't be back until July 5th. I dont know if I'll be able to update or not, but if I dont, thats why.