seven

We ended up going to a cute little coffee shop on the corner of West Broad Avenue. We walked in and stood in line.

"So what are you going to get?" Austin asked me, rubbing his thumb in circles over my hand.

In all the chaos, I'd forgotten to mention the tiny fact that I don't like coffee. I looked at the menu, luckily there was a tea section.

"Um, I think I'll get the green tea with blueberry extract." I told him.

"Well, aren't you fancy." he smiled. I blushed and laughed.

"What about you? What are you gonna get?" I asked him, swinging our arms slightly.

"Black coffee, sugar, cream, as usual." he said. Hmm, I'll have to remember that.

We ordered, got our drinks and sat down at a little booth in the corner of the shop. I pulled out my phone to check my Instagram.

"Hey, can I have your number?" Austin grinned at me.

I blushed and we exchanged phones to put our numbers in.

"Okay, so what the hell is happening to us?" I asked.

AUSTIN'S POV;

I looked at Bethany's adorable face and smiled. "Beats me."

She got a cute frown on her face that she gets when she's frustrated. "Well, there has to be an explanation."

"There always has to be an explanation with you, huh?" I grinned.

She blushed and bit her lip.

I sighed and took a drink of my coffee. "Well, let's think. We had the exact same problem, same times, same everything. Then when we kissed, we both miraculously got healed."

She nodded her head, causing her light brown hair to fall in her face. I reached across the table and tucked it behind her ear. She smiled and blushed, for about the fourth time today.

"Why did you come to the hospital anyway?" she asked me.

"What do you think? I was looking for you." I smiled.

"Why?" she asked curiously.

"Well, I missed you. But I've had a wicked headache all morning and I almost fainted into my cereal bowl."

My mother hadn't wanted me to go out, but I told her I was going to the park to get some fresh air. That made her happy.

"Yeah, I kinda crashed my own welcome home party. I fainted in front of everyone." she sighed. I felt my heart ache knowing it was partially because of me. This time I hadn't been there to carry her back to her bed.

"So, we kiss, and we get better?" she concluded.

"Something like that." I thought about it. That seemed to make sense.

"And there's nothing we can do otherwise?" she raised her eyebrow.

I looked into her big green eyes. "I don't really want to do anything about it." I mean, it sucked that it made us sick and everything, but I had no problem kissing her everyday.

Her cheeks turned pink and she stood up to throw away her foam cup.

I sighed. Did she even like me? What if she didn't like me at all, but she was being forced to kiss me for her own health? The idea of that made me sick.

I stood up and walked with her out of the shop, holding the door for her on the way out.

"So, I guess we should keep this a secret for a while?" she asked, smiling.

Great. She doesn't want anyone to know we're together.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed, faking a smile.

Who am I kidding? She's too good for me anyway.

BETHANY'S POV;

I got into the car and looked at him. I noticed a bit of sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong Austin?" I asked him, taking his free hand that wasn't on the wheel.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing." He said.

I raised my eyebrow at him. He grinned a bit and sighed.

"You're way too good for me." he said sheepishly.

What? He's perfect, I'm the one who blushes every five seconds. About that time, he pulled into my driveway.

I moved his chin with my finger so he was looking at me. I leaned over and kissed him full on, taking him by surprise. We kissed for a good two minutes, and I pulled away, out of breath. I felt my heart beat quicken and I felt as though I was going to faint again.

"Beth, hey." Austin said and put his hand on my leg. My heartbeat slowed and I regained my consciousness.

"I guess I'll have to work on that." I grinned and kissed his cheek before climbing out of the car.

I walked in the door to my house. Just then I realized I'd left my car at the hospital. I gasped and my phone suddenly vibrated. Austin's name flashed across the screen.

"I'll pick up your car and bring it to your house in a little bit ;)"

I smiled and bit my lip, excited at the thought of seeing him again.

My mother bustled into the foyer where I was standing.

"What took you so long?" she asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Uh, the line was super long."

"Well, where's the medicine?"

I realized I hadn't even stopped by CVS to get them.

"Uh..they were out. Said to call ahead next time."

She eyed me suspiciously as I escaped upstairs to my bedroom.