chapter sixteen

EFFIE
chapter sixteen 

"You look great." I compliment him as I pass by the bathroom to see him, hastily spearing his hand through his hair.

He looks over at me, breaking out into a smile,"Hey, baby. You startled me a little."

He approaches me and slides his hand across my back until it was placed firmly on my right hip.

He leans down and gives me a slow, fervent kiss then pulls back.

"You look gorgeous, by the way." He says then pecks my lips once more.

"Thanks, Brandon." I say with a smile.

"I can't believe that we have to leave tomorrow." He says as he hooks his arms with mine as the two of us begin to walk down the stairs.

I let out a quiet, saddened sigh before speaking,"I wish we could stay here forever."

"As do I." He informs me before pulling the front door open.

"But we must not reminence on what's to come but instead focus on the now."

He brings my hand that was enclosed in his, up to his lips and places a kiss on my knuckles.

"This is has been an incredible two weeks of knowing you, Effie. Possibly the best days of my life."

"How cliché of you, Arreaga." I tease,"But I'll take it."

I grasp ahold of his hand,"Don't we have reservations at the nearest pizza parlor to tend to though?"

He grins,"Why I believe so, sunshine."

A/N: sorry for the filler chapter. a longer chapter coming soon