Chapter 9: Back down

RAMONA JOLIE CARSON

WEDNESDAY 12:40 P.M
Chicago, Illinois

I sat in the passengers seat irritated at the fact that Toby decided to pop up on me like that. He had my phone in his pocket, and had 'Veeze Not A Drill' blasting loudly. I already knew we was going to his place because of the route he was taking. I wasn't looking forward to talking to him, but I guess I couldn't ignore him forever. He turned the music down a bit, and glanced at me for a second.

"Aye you hungry?" I shook my head no and he smacked his lips, while shaking his head and turning the radio back up. Ten minutes later, we pulled up in a park outside the complex apartment. I got out, and grabbed my backpack walking towards the entrance behind Toby.

As soon as we got in his house I kicked off my shoes, and walked into the living room laying across the couch. He plopped down on the couch by my feet pulling my legs in his lap.

"I knew that bitch from IG...that was my first time seeing her in person."

"So basically y'all just started kicking it or whatever."

"What? No I told her ass I'm talking to somebody already. She kept tryna kick it."

"But you still would fuck wit' her though, like g I'm not stupid.. be real Toby that's all I'm asking you. Cause I ain't no lame bitch."

"Nah I wouldn't, I would fuck her cause that's all she seem li-."

"Awe yeah??? we done.. why I'm here?"

"Bro chill the fuck out you doing way too much right now, how you expect us to have a decent relationship if you always trying to argue. I'm telling you what it is right? Right so stop doing all of that bro for real."

I stood up while shaking my head and looking at him. "Is you done cause I'm bout to call me a Uber."
He grabbed my arm gently but forcefully pulling me back down into his lap, but I got up again.

"Mona why are you trying to leave?"

"I really don't wanna talk to you right now. Like I'm finna just go home I'll get up with you when I feel like it." I said while going to the Uber app.

"Man for all of this I could've fucked the bitch on my homie yo ass be doing too much." I reached down and slapped him with all my might. He picked me up, and slammed me down onto the couch while locking my arms. I really thought about spitting in his face. He fucking disgusted me, mind you this is all over some Instagram bitch. I'm "overreacting" but he's giving the bitch room to feel like she can have him whenever. My man is not your man sis, and I was finna prove that shit to her and him.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME TOBY!"

"No you need to calm your lil ass down you just slapped the fuck out of me for no reason."

"It was a reason now let me go, your gonna bruise me." He let my arms go then got up and grabbed his car keys.

"C'mon bro, I'm finna take you home." I mumbled some shit before following after him outside to his car. The whole way to my house the car ride was silent, after 15 minutes he pulled up in front of my house. I got out grabbed my bag and he didn't even say shit nor did he wait on me to get all the way in, he just pulled off. I guess that slap really woke his ass up cause he was pressed.