Chapter 12: Chill

Sunrise : January 21st, 1999.           Sunset : June 17th, 2019.

                                          🍂
         O'siris De'Andre Jones
         Two weeks later I had to bury my brother.

                                        —

"Aye Tae I just seen that nigga, Jabari he had his pipe on him."

"I got the pipe too, he wanna show that bitch, but not blow that bitch."

"And there go his homies right there."

"What you is?"

"Who the fuck is-"

JABARI RYAN TAYLOR

Ever since my homie O'siris had died, ain't shit been the same with the gang. I did a big ass drop the other night that was gon' have me straight for a couple of months. It had been a few weeks ever since his death and I just been keeping my moms company and doing runs for her and shit. I completed what was on her to do list, left a stack on the kitchen table then made my way out.

"Oh shit." I said while pushing shorty head down who was giving me head in the car. She continued sucking me up for about fifteen minutes, then I let the seat back and coached her on riding me. She moaned out loudly while riding me roughly eventually she reached her climax and I kicked her out of my car. I drove to my apartment and took a long shower before doing anything else. Once I got out I put on a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren briefs, True Religion joggers and a white tee. I rolled up a blunt to spark to make the time go by faster. Sitting in my room reminiscing on the times my homie was here, I started thinking about shorty I had met that night.

I texted her phone to see what she was on for the night. She read the message and quickly responded with a question mark "?". I knew she didn't know my number because I never texted her after that day I saw her. I responded to her message and I got up to place my phone on charger once it had been plugged up. I saved her number into my phone and decided to FaceTime her.

"Hey Jabari." Princess said when she picked up the phone.

"Wassup?" I replied with my eyes being slightly low and red.

"You high as fuck ain't you? What you doing?"

"Hell yeah, and shit at the crib. What you on?"

"Nothing bored as fuck. "

"Slide."

"No you slide."

"Ight." The call ended and I unplugged my phone from the charger. I got up from my bed and cut the light off in my room. I made my way downstairs, walking out the front door. My phone lit up once I got in the front seat of my car, unlocking my phone with my Face ID. She sent me her address and I turned my car putting the directions in google maps. She only stayed 10 minutes away from where I stayed which wasn't so bad, so it didn't take me long to get there.

Once I pulled up to her house, I turned the car off and got out making sure to grab my IPhone charger and phone. I ringed the door bell and she came to the door wearing a Nike sports bra, with black leggings and some fur slides. I walked in and looked around before sitting on the couch.

When I came in she had Martin playing which was the episode when Martin trying to get in shape had went too far and Gina had brought in some of his, "Mama's biscuits" to bring him back to his normal self was on.

She sat beside me and proceeded to eat her cup noodles when she looked over and noticed I was just sitting in awe.

"What's wrong Jabari?"

"...Man nothing, it's just a lot going on right now."

"Spare me in on it." She said while throwing her trash away and going back over to the couch.

"The day of that party.. My best friend got killed. He was in college for basketball and he had something going for himself. I grew up with him, he was like my brother and unlike me he was in school even though he was out in these streets he was striving to actually do something good. I kind of feel like it was my fault. I never would of thought I would have lost him to these streets."

"I heard about the shooting ...but I ain't know that was your best friend I am so sorry Jabari."

"It's coo. Make me some noodles though."

"Okay." She said before getting up. I know she felt bad, even though she just had met me and knew nothing about him. I was more humane unlike these other street niggas who don't think or just be doing shit. I thought about doing something. I was just waiting for the right time. She got up to boil my water for my cup noodles then sat back down by me. I could feel her burning a hole in the side of my face and couldn't stop staring.

"What?" I said while looking over at her and licking my lips.

"Would you like a hug?"

I opened my arms and she leaned in with her arms open. She gently grabbed my head and laid it on her chest before hugging me softly. We hugged for some time in silence, even though she was a stranger I was glad to have her around this time and being able to comfort me. Eventually we let go and decided to turn on something to watch. After ten minutes she fixed my cup noodles and brought them to him.

A couple hours had been past and we've just been sitting in my living room "getting to know each other", Princess was coo and all, but she seemed too nice for me. I wouldn't want to break her heart because I ain't shit. She made me follow her on all social media just so we can keep in touch. I know she thought of me as the player type after me opening up to her tonight. I knew that even if we didn't go further than the friendship we were attempting to build that I could still have her around as a friend.

Yeah I got a girl right now, but I know that shit with us temporary.

She kept taking pictures of me and I was starting to get irritated because I didn't see what was her purpose.

"Ayee why you keep taking pictures of me. You post em and i'm gon' block you. Simple."

"Nigga I am NOT finna post you, I'm just as embarrassed as you are. Why you acting like that you don't want yo hoes to see it or something?"

I smacked my lips. "Aye stop playing with me g for real. I think that's my que, text my line though shorty."

"No thank you." She said while finishing up her $2 only bag of hot fries, before walking me to the front door.

"Stop playing with me. I want you to text me for real Princess.." I said while grabbing her up and hugging her. She said nothing back, but hugged me back. "Okay Jabari." Once I released her she quickly let me out and shut the door behind me.