Chapter 2 - The Window

The night passed by very slowly. After I saw the man I ran down stairs and locked all the doors and windows. I closed all the blinds and curtains and sat down on the couch in the living room, silent. I sat there for a few minutes, just listening. Soon it started to rain. I could hear the pounding of the rain on the roof.

I parted the blinds on the window above the kitchen sink to look outside for the man. I glanced around, but didn't see him. Lightning flashed across the sky, and a deep ominous roll of thunder followed it. I walked away from the window and looked around the house. 

My mother and I's house wasn't ever all that dirty. When my father used to live with us, he'd trash the place in fits of rage, leaving my mother and I to clean it up. I glanced to the wall near the front door where all of our family photos were at. 

I saw a younger version of me, smiling at the fair with my mom. You could faintly see a very unhappy looking man in the backround, that man being my father. After the divorce my mother informed me that he had left the state and moved to Nebraska with his new lover. I schoffed. To this day I didn't believe that. But I suppose myopinions never really mattered.

I walked back up stairs to my room, it was around two in the morning now.