*5*

(Melissa's POV)

            "you're mine bitch. I'll fucking kill you! You think you're safe with her, well you're not. I'll kill both of you!" my father screamed. He pulled out a gun and started pacing around the room before stopping in front of me and kneeling down to my level. "Say goodbye, bitch," and with that there was a loud band and everything black.

I shot up screaming, Cammie shot up with me, she wrapped one arm around my back and the other was around my neck pulling my head into her neck. I looked up and checked the time on the clock sitting on the table behind her. '2:26 am'. Shit. She kept whispering that I was safe, and everything would be alright, but I knew it wouldn't be. I needed to get away from her in order to keep her alive. we laid back down on the bed, she was running her fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm me down and it worked for the most part. Soon after she had stopped I heard soft snores coming from her. I carefully slide out from underneath her arms, grabbed the duffel bag of clothes and left. I knew was going to regret this later, but I'll do anything for her.

(Cammie's POV)

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. She's gone. I woke up and she wasn't in bed with me. I looked all over the fucking house. I went back to my room to text her but then I saw that her duffel bag was gone. Shit. There's no way she would go back home. She knows the risks; her father could kill her. I needed to go now. I ran downstairs and to the basement. There is a retinal scanner on the wall. It scans my eyes and after a few seconds the wall opens and show a cage full of different guns and knives. I don't really like guns, so I grabbed some shurikens, throwing knives, two daggers, and a pistol just in case, I really don't want to use it though. I also grabbed three five-gallon containers of gas and a lighter. You'll see why soon. After I grabbed everything I needed, I hopped in the car and headed to Melissa's house for the last time. I'm going to kill father today. It needs to be done.

I pull up to her house, and immediately the first thing I hear is am ear piercing scream coming from the house. I get out of the car, run up and kick the front door down. And I see Melissa's father standing over her, and Melissa was laying on the ground. She was bruised, and bloody. Her body was shaking, but other than that she wasn't moving. She looked so pale and lifeless. Her father had a gun pointed at her head, I grabbed one of the daggers and threw it at him. The dagger had gone through to his heart, I knew he would be dead within three to five minutes, but that wasn't enough for me. I jumped on top of him and started repeatedly punching him in the face. "Cammie.... Please stop" Melissa's small, brittle voice rang in my ears. I needed to stop and take her to the hospital. So, I got up and walked to the broken body on the floor, I picked her up. I am scared to walk around in her arms, I feel like she will slip through my fingers like sand and disappear. Nevertheless, I still brought her to my car, and I went to the trunk where the containers of gas were. I picked them up and went inside. I started dousing everything in every room with gas, including her father's body, I created a trail of gas leading outside. I pull the lighter out of my pocket, threw it at the gas and ran to the car. I got in and watched the place burn as I sped off to the hospital.

Once we were at the hospital the doctors took Melissa and made me wait in the waiting room, that makes sense. I couldn't stop pacing, it felt like I was creating a hole in the floor and my shoes. After what felt like an eternity the doctor came out and talked to me about how lucky Melissa is to be alive and how is she had gotten here a few minutes later she would have died. They proceeded to tell me everything they found that Melissa's father had done to her, including sexually assault. I asked if I was able to see her, they said yes and showed me to her room. Every inch of her face was covered in bruises. Tears started flowing from my eyes, I wanted to stay strong for her, but I couldn't. seeing her laying in that hospital bed just broke me. When I first saw her, I knew that she would play an important part in my life I just didn't that it would be in breaking my heart when I saw her. I walked over to her bed slowly, a part of me didn't want to go near her, I don't think I could handle it, but I need to, for her. I pulled a chair next to her bed and just sat there. I didn't know when she would wake up but I'm going to be there when she does. I kissed her forehead and cried silently.

So, it's been almost two weeks since I brought Melissa to the hospital. She hasn't woken up yet. Since we have been here, I've only left twice, once to grab a ton of clothes and the second time to wash the dirty clothes and grab more. I sleep in the chair by Melissa's bed, the nurses offered to put a bed in the room for me, but I refused because I don't want to leave her side, not even to be a few feet away. Right now, I'm in the shower in Mel's room. I just came up with the nickname. I like it, but if she doesn't like it then I won't use it. I'm just standing under the scalding hot water wondering if Mel will ever wake up. The organization has called me three times already, trying to get me to leave because technically I completed my mission, but I am not going to leave her. The doctors say that she's getting better and should be waking up within the next few days. Once I got out of the shower I sat back on in the chair and looked at Melissa. By now the bruises were just starting to heal and turn a yellowish-brown color. "I'm sorry that this happened to you. I miss seeing your beautiful blue eyes. I miss you in general. There's something about you that drives me crazy. You make my heart beat a thousand times faster, you make my heart want to explode at the sight of your smile. When I look into your eyes I get butterfly's in my stomach. And every time we touched I swear I felt sparks. My point is that I love you, and when you wake up and recover I'm going to ask you on a date." I whispered, secretly I was hoping that she had heard me. I wanted her to know how I feel, even though we barely know each other. I just don't have the guts to tell her right now. It's funny, I am a trained assassin, yet I can still get nervous around a crush, but then again Melissa isn't just a crush. I'm in love with her. I grabbed her hand and just held it. I felt a slight pressure on my hand. I looked down and saw Melissa squeezing my hand. "I love you too." Her voice was dry. I looked up to see her smiling, with her eyes half open. I decided to take a substantial risk not know if she was ready or not, I stood up and brought my face towards hers until we were a few inches apart, and I captured her lips in mine and fireworks erupted from the kiss. I pulled away when I noticed how dry her lips were and went to grab her some water and a doctor. When I came back she was asleep again.

It's been another three weeks, Mel fell back into a coma. The doctors say it is extremely rare, but it can happen. When she first woke up I was overjoyed, she said I love you back to me and we kissed. I left for 30 seconds and next thing I know she is back into a coma. I stayed by her side the entire time and I only left for the same reasons as last time. The first week and a half I didn't sleep, but then I figured that I should be well rested for when she wakes up. Right now, I was laying my head on the edge, I started to feel someone stroking my hair, I looked up to see Melissa awake with doctors around her. she smiled at me and said "I told them not to move you. I wanted you by my side." That brought an even bigger smile to my face. seeing her awake and her saying made me want to kiss her. honestly, I missed her lips on mine. After hours of the doctors running tests and going back and forth, I was able to take her home.