*11*

(Melissa's POV)

I woke up around 4:45 in the afternoon and remember everything that happened. I remember getting shot but the vest protected me. Cammie really knew what she was doing when she planned this out. I went upstairs to change my clothes after I walked out of the closet and notice a piece of paper folded on the nightstand. I picked it up and inside was two plane tickets to Fiji and a note. The note said "Don't worry about grabbing anything, just bring the tickets to the airport I'll meet you there. I love you. ~ Cammie" I smile and looked at the tickets. We leave at eight at night, so this it, we are leaving our entire lives behind for each other. Although it's not like we had a lot before each other. I decided to call my best friend ally and tell her everything.

After I was done explaining everything, she said that she was happy that I found someone who loved me and would take care of me, she also offered to drive me to the airport, which I gladly accepted. I saw Ally pull into the driveway and step out of the car. I ran out to her and pulled her into the biggest hug I could manage. I missed her so much, I haven't seen her since everything with Cammie happened. We got into the car and started to drive to the airport, which was a 30-minute drive.

"Hey sweetie, like I said earlier, I'm happy for you but be careful I don't want you to get hurt. Also, make sure you check in with me some time, after all, I am your best friend." Ally turned to me and smiled. "Of course, I will, Allycat. I promise." I held out pinkie, she chuckled and latched onto it. "I want to meet Cammie, someday. Make sure she's ready for all of the questions I have for her." she laughed. We spent the rest of the car ride talking about her love life and her family. Once we reached the airport, both of us got out and hugged, saying our goodbyes and how much we will miss each other, before I went inside. I stood watching the doors waiting for Cammie to walk in, so I can jump into her arms. I looked down at my phone to check the time and see if Cammie texted me. It was 5:50 and still no text from her.

(Cammie's POV)

I had asked the taxi driver to stop at a CVS and wait for me while I got bandages. Once I bought the bandages, I wrapped my leg in the bathroom, went back to the taxi, and we started driving to the airport again. I checked the time on the car's clock, 5:50 pm, shit Mel is probably waiting for me. "Miss, we have arrived," he said breaking me out of my thoughts. I thanked him and handed him 200 dollars, telling him to keep the change. I walked up to the doors and saw Mel waiting in front looking at her phone. I smiled and walked inside towards her. I stood over her and cleared my throat. She looked up and her eyes lit up as she jumped into my arms. I lost my balance and fell to the floor. She laid on top of me, staring into my eyes for a minute before pulling me up by my collar and kissed me softly. "I'm so happy that you are ok. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you what was going to happen, but I needed your reaction to being re-," she cut my rambling short but crashing her lips into mine. "I love you so much." She whispered on my lips "I love you more. we should get to our gate, love." She nodded and dragged me by my wrist. We passed through security, and are currently sitting, waiting at the gate.

Mel was sitting on my lap with her head in my neck, she was peppering kissing on my neck and whispering "I was scared that I was going to lose you," she cried into my neck. I felt slightly guilty that I scared her, but no matter what happens to me, I'll always find my way back to her. "I'm sorry baby girl, but you'll never lose me. No matter what." I grabbed her hand and started running my thumb across her knuckles for comfort. She looked up at me, her eyes were glossy, but she smiled and kissed me. we sat in silence until our flight was called. Once we got on the plane Mel took the window seat and I was next to her. as soon as she sat down Mel was instantly asleep on my shoulder and I stayed up watching her sleep. I know that sounds creepy, but I felt the need to watch her as if she would disappear if I looked away for even a second. A soft escaped her beautiful lip, I laughed at how cute she looked asleep with drool running down her chin. I kissed her on the forehead and fell asleep smiling.