Chapter 2- On Purpose

Don't let the looks deceive one

—••—

~•Yeon Aera p.o.v•~

"Aera! Wake up! It's your first day of school, you don't want to make a bad impression!" I heard my mom's voice through the wooden door. I picked my white, soft, fluffy pillow and set it on top of my head, not wanting to hear her anymore. I was not ready to face that hell hole!

"YEON AERA YOU BETTER GET YOUR--" I heard my mom cough very silently, but still audible for me to hear her. I almost laughed at that little incident, until I remembered that I can't show any type of emotion.

"You better get ready for school. This is my last warning." I listened to her faint steps going down the stairs as I lazily forced myself to get out of bed. I turn my head to face the clock.

"6:45 am?! The school doesn't even start till'8:30 am! Ugh!" I let my head fall back down to my pillow and screamed all my anxiety, stress, and anger to it. At least it had been saving me from doing stupid things.

I drag my feet on the surface of the floor as I bring my feet to the bathroom. I waited until the water was warm enough for me. I stepped in and let the droplets of water hit my head rapidly, traveling down my body. I was about to relax until I heard more screaming.

"Aera! You better be in the shower!" She yelled again. I wanted to bang my head on the marble wall.

"I am!" I yelled back as I shake my hair with my hands very violently, making it very tangled afterward.

I got out of the awesome relaxing shower I took with the loud yells of my mom nagging at me and wrapped a dry towel around my body. I found my school uniform and wore it. I looked at mg blurry self in the mirror. All the steam blocked the view. My hand cleaned off the steamy mirror revealing my ugly self. I looked up and down at myself.

"I'm probably gonna get bullied." I sighed as I looked away. I couldn't even stand looking at myself more than ten seconds because I'm that ugly.

"Good morning." I said rather sadly than actually showing a huge smile with a bright voice greeting a 'good morning'.

"Good morning, Aera. Sit down, I finished breakfast." Her calm voice soothed my mind for a bit. I silently made my way to the chair and carefully pulled it back, the contact of the legs with the wooden floor made a noise.

She placed the delicious food in front of me as my stomach slowly started to grumble. The lion had growled inside my stomach explaining all my hunger, I didn't need to show emotion to that. My mom smiled and beckoned with her eyes for me to start eating. I devoured the whole thing.

"Are you excited or nervous for your first day of school?" She sweet voice asked in such a curiosity I couldn't help but feel fuzzy, but also mad, I don't like talking about school.

I looked up to her alluring eyes, it showed such anticipation for either answer. Her sweet smile almost making me smile, making all the worlds I had kept inside my chest for so long, they slowly crawled up to my throat. But I immediately looked down at my empty plate and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I don't know." The bluntness of my words didn't carry any type of emotion to it, it was just straightforward making her frown a little bit, she was expecting more.

"Let's hope that this year you actually make some friends. It's been a while since you had one. I don't understand why you stopped talking to your old friends, they seemed very nice." She softly said as I only looked at her and scoffed. Her eyes adverted towards me in such astonishment, I looked down and bit my lower lip. I cussed inside my head.