Chapter 37- Mollify Siblings

[I recommend listening to this while reading! I hope you enjoy!]

Life keeps on moving with it without one. Let's not waste the one life we have.

—••—

  Under the cloudy sky, Aera stood in front of a door after a long day of schooling. Her heart hammered nervously against her chest. Her hand held tightly onto a small piece of paper. Eyes looking at the dead red door in front of her. She hesitated several times in knocking on the door. Her knuckles softly touched the cold metal door. She gently knocked three times.

"Who's there?" A deep male voice was able to be heard through the barrier that didn't let Aera in.

The deep voice gave her goosebumps that crawled up her spine and shivered at such feeling. Her brother surely matured and he looked very different from where she last saw him.

"P-Pizza delivery." She stuttered. Her mixed emotions were revealing out all at once. She anticipated that the red door would open.

"I didn't order any pizza." His voice seemed to be far away from the door. She stomped the floor, annoyed. Aera tried to look into the windows to see where he was but it was covered by some pale white curtains.

"Umm. The order is a younger sister with a side of anger." She crossed her arms. She could hear weird sounds coming from inside the apartment. It took some good seconds before she saw the door open, revealing her older brother.

"Aera!" He looked at her with wide eyes, shocked written inside of them.

"Jin," Aera said bluntly and kept a professional gesture.

"W-what brings you here? How did you know I lived here?" Many questions overwhelmed both of them.

  They looked at each other so intensely, their eyes pierced one another. Thoughts and concerns floated inside their heads and wanted to say their true feelings, but things were too awkward for them to be standing in the same place. It felt as if they were on thin ice, a wrong move and the ice could break.

"How would I deliver if I didn't get an address?" She tried to force a smile but she seemed too uncomfortable. "The day you were explaining the books and ran out of the tent, a paper fell down and when I read it, it had your address." Her eyes exploring her surroundings while avoiding his gaze.

"I will take the delivery, but I didn't ask for the side of anger." He chuckled forcefully and gave an awkward smile.

"It comes with the order." She replied with a bit of sass that was traced in her voice.

"You couldn't exclude it out of my order?" He raised an eyebrow and smiled cheekily at her.

"You want it on the order or do you want it in the side?" She threatened, her voice sounded like a thunderstorm roaring at him.

"Now that I think about it, I prefer it on the side." His nervous tone got the attention of the younger. "Come in. It might look like a mess. But in my defense, so was I." Jin gulped down his nervous lump that was stuck in his throat.

"I can't really say anything...I live in a tent. Who am I to judge?" She walked inside the small apartment, he was obviously putting everything to a side to make it look tidy. Clothes, papers, and bedsheets. She was glad she didn't see traces of alcohol.

"My sister." His answer was rather hesitant. A wave of feelings washed them away. Aera gulped down all the harsh comments she wanted to say to him. A crimson color slowly appeared on their pale cheeks.