Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (One Step Ahead)

"Are you sure that we are in the right track?" He paused. "Don't you think that we are searching in this place in vain?"

"Why?"

"Asking the reason eh? We've search east and west wing of the building and now we are in the central part, but have we found something yet?" He sighed. "None at all."

"Hmmm." Actually I found something interesting here.

"Uninterested, I see."

"Not like that, I already found what I wanted to see and all that is left is the basement."

"No, we are, going back." He said seriously.

I stopped, looked at him. "Hmmm." I see, he doesn't like the atmosphere in here, he became paler as time passes by, same goes with me, I feel nauseous. This place is really...

"Come." He held my hand and led me to the door.

"Wait, not yet. Just a little bit more. Please."

He looked at me for a moment then he let go of my hand, so that means that we will continue right?

"But." He paused. "If I see that you cannot go any further, then no matter what you say, I will drag you out of here."

So in the end, the reason why he's been insisting to go back was because he is concerned about me? Somehow, that made me happy, I feel my stomach flutter. Oh! What is this?!

"Okay."

We continue and went our way to the basement. The last place that we need to check.

We are still in the corridor near the stairs leading to the basement, but it feels suffocating and my whole body feels so heavy, my head suddenly aches and my chest feels like it is being crushed.

But, when he tapped my shoulder, it feels reassuring. Going there alone is scary, but knowing that there's someone with me makes me feel that I can do it. I'm glad that he is here with me. My heart feels hot.

Ugh! What is happening to me? This unfamiliar feeling is throwing my focus off! I need to shut it off!

In the basement.

Looking around the place, it looks normal, there are sack of coals and stones in the left corner of the room, together with a chair and rope. Bottles...

"I found a toolbox in here." He shouted from the other side of the room where I'm looking.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"It seems like this is only a storage room."

Yes, he is right, this place looks like a storage room....

He pulled me in the corner, turned off the flashlight and we hid ourselves.

"Why are we hiding?"

"Quiet. Someone is coming." He whispered.

"What?" But I didn't felt anything or heard anything. Who is this guy? He has a sharp senses.

We are hiding behind the coal sacks, luckily, he has a black cloak, and so it is easier to blend in the room that is dark enough.