one

CHAPTER ONE ;

CHAPTER ONE ;

THE GIRL NEXT DOOR

"BETS, HI." BETTY SIGHED PLOPPING DOWN TO A BOOTH IN POP'S, WITH VERONICA LODGE,

New York's golden princess. Archie had told Betty the news about how his older brother was back and Betty was so curious as to how Nathan Andrews looked today, how he had changed. He was two years older than her, and when they were children they were inseparable.

And when he left Riverdale to live with his mother, it broke her heart. But even though they were inseparable, they grew apart and she never knew the reason why.

"It's just--", Betty started until the bell to the diner rang indicating someone had walked in. Veronica looked over Betty's shoulder, seeing a boy with messy brown hair who was looking around Pop's, and boy was he eye candy.

Betty looked over her shoulder as well, as her eyes locked with his as she soon realized who he was. Nathan looked into her familiar but captivating and beautiful eyes, before smirking at her, pulling his leather jacket before walking to the two girls.

"Elizabeth Cooper." Nathan said still smirking as he sat down on a chair, next to their booth. "What a coincidence, I must say." He said, still not paying attention to the raven haired girl, who was wondering who he was. Betty was looking at Nathan with a smile as if she didn't believe it.

"Nathan?" She asked as he nodded, as she let out a laugh, trying not to make the situation awkward. "It's been a while."

Nathan shrugged, as he now noticed she had company, as he stared at the raven haired girl. "Who's this, Bets?" He asked, as Betty coughed noticing the look Veronica was giving him. "This is Veronica, she's new in Riverdale."

"I haven't seen you around." Veronica said with a smile, as Nathan looked at her with the same famous smirk of his. "You'll be seeing more of me." He said as Pop yelled at him, telling his order was ready.

"You go to Riverdale High?" Veronica asked as Nathan nodded, as he patted Betty's shoulder before walking to the counter as he took the paper bag which contained his order. "See you around girls." He said before walking out of the diner.

"Who was that cutie?" Veronica asked with a smile on her face as she sipped on her milkshake as Betty sighed looking outside the window seeing his retreating figure.

"Nathan Andrews."