Chapter 5

Last night I texted Blair telling her about the trip. I started packing that morning as I decided to go to school later to say my goodbyes. I would mostly say goodbye to Blair and my teachers. I could say goodbye to my brother Lucas when I got home but my older brother Clay was off at boarding school, so I would have to call him. I pack pretty much my entire wardrobe. Except for two outfits. One for today and one for the flight tomorrow. I grabbed a light pair of skinny jeans with small rips in them, a white v neck, and my white converse. Once again I applied product, keeping my hair curly. I applied a little more foundation then I had the day before, some gray eyeliner and a few swipes of mascara.

I walked down the stairs to see my stepdad passed out drunk on the couch and my mother washing dishes. I kissed my stepdad on the cheek and walked into the kitchen to have my mom drive me to school.

**car ride**

"Mom what are you gonna do when I'm gone?" I asked she looked at me and said "I'm going to try to work in a divorce, I just can't do this anymore" she said about to cry. I patted her shoulder as we had arrived at school. I kissed her cheek "that's great mom! I will see you tonight" I said getting out of the car. I was walking to see Blair when somebody grabbed my arm. I turned to see mindy. "What do you want?" I shouted she glared at me and said "before you leave i have a little goodbye present" I looked confused but as soon as she swung her fist towards my face I knew exactly what she meant. After she hit me she said "I have always wanted to do that." I stood up and punched her right in the nose knocking her to the floor. I walked off to see Blair smiling and laughing I high fived her and we walked to class. I guess nobody saw so we weren't going to get in trouble. The day went by pretty quick and it was time to say goodbye to Blair. I hugged her as the bus pulled up to my house I cried and said "I'm going to miss you so much". She didn't say anything, she wouldn't stop crying as I made my way to the front of the bus I looked at her an mouthed "see you soon" she smiled and I smile back.