Chapter 5

*Hope's POV*

"Hope! Wake up!" Andy shouts, shaking me awake. I frown at him,

"What?"

"You were screaming in your sleep." He tells me.

"Oh..." That has happened even since my dad died when I was 8. We were both driving home from the store and got in a car accident. A truck ran a red light and hit the side of the car, his side. He was killed instantly.

When I don't say anything Andy hugs my tightly.

"You don't have to tell me, but if you ever want to talk, i'll always be here." A few tears fall from my eyes when he says this. He hugs me and I hug back. I pull back first.

"You should probably get some sleep, see you in the-" I cut him off,

"No! I mean, can you stay with me?" I blush with embarrassment. He smiles warmly at me,

"Of course." He lays down beside me and wraps an arm around me.

"Andy, does this mean you aren't mad, about earlier?" I ask hesitantly.

"No, it's okay." I nod. We lay there silently, after a minute Andy begins humming,lulling me to sleep.

$ $ $

I wake up to Andy shaking my shoulder.

"Hope, we have to get to school." I sit up. He leaves me to get dressed, I put on my shinny jeans and shirt that I wore yesterday and the day before. Once Andy comes in I ask,

"Andy, can I borrow a hoodie so I don't look like I'm wearing the same thing?" He nods a gives my one. We get in his car and drive to school.

When we get there I expect him to leave me, but he keeps walking by my side. He walks me to my class and smiles at me.

"Save me a seat at lunch." He says and kisses my cheek and walks away. He wants to sit with me at lunch!

$ $ $

My others classes seem to fly by and soon, it's lunch. I rush to the cafeteria and see Andy standing at the front.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Hi Hope." he smiles at me. We sit down at a table in back of a cafeteria and set our stuff down. I go to start eating and realize I don't have a fork.

"I'll be right back." I tell Andy. I get up and get a fork then walk back to our table. Somehow I land on the ground with another girl on top of me.

"I am so sorry! I was pushed and-" Karen stands over her with a hand on her hip, minions flanking her sides. I notice that the girl is Tristan.

"It's okay." I say quietly as we both get up. Karen glares at us icily then struts off to the popular table. Tristan stands there awkwardly, looking around for a place to sit.

"Wanna sit with me? I ask her.

"Sure, that would be awesome." I lead her back to the table.

"Tristan this is my friend Andy Biersack. Andy, this is Tristan Kennedy. She was just brutally shoved into me." I smile brightly at them. Andy just laughs and says hi. We both sit down. A guy with long brown hair and a beanie walks up behind Tristan.

"Hey Tristan." He says.

"Hi Vic," She smiles warmly at him, "This is Hope and Andy. Can he sit here?" she asks us and we both say yes. we all talk about music and art and bands for the rest of lunch. I get Tristan's phone number so we can hang out sometime, she seems really cool.