Chapter 10

*Tristan's POV*

As I drive I think about just swerving off the freeway and it can all be over but no I need to focus. I'm going to San Diego to find my mom. I've seen pictures of my mom at a local doughnut shop so that's what I'm looking for.

#####

I park the car and walk inside the doughnut shop and a man greets me.

"Hi. How may I help you?" he says and I show him a pic of my mom

"Have you seen her or know where I can find her?" I ask

"Yeah I knew her, she was practically a local here very sweet very kind her last few months she went a little crazy though."

"Last few months?" I hold my breath

"Yeah" he looks confused like I should know "she committed suicide" he looks sad, he must have noticed my not breathing to stop tears "up on those cliffs over there" he says and points out the window to some cliffs that hang over the ocean water

"Okay thank you" I say and quickly walk out and tears slip down my face. I don't get back in my car I decide to walk to my death. See the sky for the last time.

I get to the very top of the cliffs and look down over the edge. Funny how the water I once played in now holds my mothers blood and will soon hold mine. Waves are beautiful. I start to walk along the edge. The only good thing about having no family is no one will mourn for me when I'm gone. All the pain of the world will all be gone with one simple jump. Doesn't that sound fantastic. I look at the beautiful world one more time before I jump.

"Tristan don't do it" I hear Hope say. How tf did they find me?!

"How did you find me" I say

"Tristan don't jump" she repeats herself .

"Why shouldn't I?" a tear rolls down my face "nobody wants me here!"

"I do! I need you here more then anyone Tristan. I told the cops about your dad cuz I don't want you to get hurt. I care about you more then anyone." Vic walks towards me with open arms, and even though I'm on the edge we wraps his arms around me and kisses me and tears slip down my face. Damn it, I can't leave him not like this. "Tristan will you be my girlfriend?"

Tears are still coming down my face and all I can do is wrap my arms around him and whisper "yes"

Vic gets a text from Hope saying they are leavening. Vic holds me the whole walk back to my car and I feel.. I feel needed. He walks me to the passenger side of the car and sets his hands on my shoulders.

"Tristan I- I need you and please don't leave like this, without you there is no me" he says crying and I don't answer him. After a few seconds of looking at his face I hug him as tightly as possible. I can't promise anything but for now I will stay in his arms. I look up and kiss him.

We get in the car and begin to drive home.