1) Aakrithi

I really hope from deep down my heart you people like this new version. I have spent sleepless nights over it.
***

Aakrithi's pov:

"CODE BLUE ICU .... CODE BLUE ICU"

I woke up in a jerk start from the bunk bed and ran towards the ER. I picked up the surgical gloves on the way and put it on before I reached trauma room 3.

"Clear the room" I said as I entered and the nurse tried to get the parents of the patient step out.

"I will take over.."

I said to the other nurse and started chest compressions.

"Mam I am sorry we need some more room"

The nurse was still trying to keep the mother away.

"Hold compressions"

Dr.Abdul Raheem senior physician said as he walked in.

"No pulse" I said checking his pulse.

"Sinus tach, she is profoundly hypertensive give her a amp of epi max dopamine" Dr.Abdul said and I continued on the compressions.

"We are going to max her on pressure" I said just for a second looking at him.

"We don't have a choice" He said and rolled his eyes.

"One.Two.Three.One.Two.Three" I huffed as I have to use my whole strength.

"Hold compressions" He said for the second time.

"No pulse" I said

"We lost her" The physician said giving me knowing look.

"Time of death 1:06 am"

I said and the doctor just nodded his head.

"Inform the parents will you?" The senior physician ordered.

"Yes sir"

I said and removed my gloves. I push the strands of my hair aside as I pull out my head cap and gloves. Took a big breath.

This is going to be hard.

I walked outside and the parents of the 16 year old rushed towards me with hope in their eyes.

"Ms.Reenu's brain was without oxygen for too long. We lost her. I am really sorry"

Before I could complete both howled in their pain and agony.

I stood for few minutes till the hospital administrator took over from me to help the parents with further actions.

I walked towards the cafeteria and sat on a round empty bench. A hand was placed on my shoulder I turned my head to see Shreya.

"You ok? I heard what happened!"

My colleague turned best friend said. I just hummed, with no words coming out of mouth. She removed her white coat and sat beside me. She put her hands around me and gave me a bear hug.

It is always hard to cope up when we lose a patient. We indeed had a class about this in under grad but still it hurts.

"I am okay!" I said and Shreya started to look at the menu.

Nurse Nancy walked towards me with a coffee in hand and passed it towards me.

"You look like a ghost. Did you even sleep?"

She asked.

"2.5 hours max"

I said and sipped the hot drink. She then placed few files beside me "You need to look at these". I nodded my head.