31

Zach:

"Nerah, please pick up babe. I need to talk to you," I said into the phone after being sent to voice mail for the thousandth time. "I love you... Call me when you can."

I hung up and walked back into the room.

"Anything?" Jonah asked as he took his eyes off of his game of Fortnite for a quick second before looking back at the screen.

"Nothing," I said with a sigh and rubbing my puffy eyes. "What if she already knows, dude?"

"Stuff spreads fast at our school." He screamed and threw the control onto the bed. "I got to 2nd place! So close!"

I groaned and sat down feeling impatient. I was about to dial her number again when Jonah grabbed my phone.

"Why don't we just go to her house so you can talk to her face to face?"

"Because I'm scared!"

"Of Nerah?!"

"I'm scared to see her cry or be sad. I'm scared of losing her, bro."

"You need to talk to her."

I sighed and nodded.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I shook my head.

"I need to go alone."

"Alright, but don't chicken out."

He got up and left. I took in a few deep breaths before grabbing my keys off my desk. I slipped on a sweater before running down the stairs.

...

I pulled up to her house feeling fear in my bones.

Jack was mowing the lawn with his earbuds in. I got out of the car. Jack long looked at me before taking out his earbuds.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I need to talk to Nerah."

He just nodded and put his earbuds back in.

I approached the door and knocked. I waited a couple of seconds before Faye opened the door.

"Hi, Zach!"

"Hi, is Nerah home?"

Faye nodded while letting me in. "She's sleeping."

"I'll wake her up."

"Her door's locked, so good luck."

I nodded and made my way upstairs. I felt the nervousness in my stomach.

I knocked lightly on the door. There was no sound.

"Nerah, I know you're not sleeping. It's almost sunset. You'd be awake standing at your window waiting for the sun to set," I said softly.

I stared at the door before hearing the door unlock.

The door opened and she stood there with puffy red eyes.

"What?" She asked softly. "I don't want anything to do with you right now."

I pushed the door open as she walked over to her bed and lied down. She pulled the sheets over her head and groaned.

"Nerah, I did something wrong because I was hurt," I said softly.

"You cheated on me with Kyles?" She asked with a shaky voice. I felt my heart tremble.

"Nerah... I kissed her. I was missing you and I was hurt because you didn't want to kiss me so it happened and I'm sorry. But I would never ever cheat on you. You mean to much to me."