42

Nerah:

"Do you feel awkward?" Jack asked as he help me set up to surprise Zach.

"That I'm throwing a gender reveal party for Zach and a baby that's not ever his? Yes."

He laughed.

"Zach is going to be the best dad ever," he said with a smile.

I nodded.

"I got the confetti cannon and it's filled," Christina said as she walked into the room.

"I thought he was going to bite into a cupcake," I said while pointing at the cupcake which was set aside for Zach.

"Go big or go home, buddy," she said while patting the cannon.

I laughed as she hid it under the table.

"Is your dad coming?" Jack asked.

I shook my head. "He knows what happened to me, he just doesn't like the fact that Zach's going to help me raise the baby."

"Lame." He shook his head. "Faye and Edith?"

"They're not allowed to interact with me unless Zach is out of the picture."

"That's so lame. Especially coming from your dad."

"Well, my dad's always been a little bitch-"

"No swearing in front of the baby!" Corbyn scolded. "You're gonna be a good baby, huh?" Corbyn said baby talking my stomach.

"You're so weird," I said pushing his face away.

"I got the pink cupcakes!" Daniel yelled while walking into the house.

"Pink?" I asked.

"Zach's going to think you guys are having a girl then be totally amazed when he finds out you guys are having a boy."

I nodded awkwardly.

I watched as Jonah hung pink and blue streamers. He dropped the scissors.

I bent over to pick them up when I felt the baby move. I gasped and quickly sat down.

"Nerah?!" Jack ran over and sat in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... He moved," I said as my hand shook. "It felt so weird."

Jack laughed and they all returned to finishing the set up.

It never really occurred to me that another living thing was in my stomach.

"What did it feel like?" Jonah asked.

Everyone looked at him.

"What? I'm never going to experience pregnancy and I have questions," he said making me laugh.

"It felt... Weird. Like it never occured to me that in my stomach is another living thing eating the same foods as me and depending on me to keep it living," I said softly while touching my stomach.

"I got you water," Jack said handing me a glass of water.

"Thanks," I said while taking light sips of the water.

"And you're sure you're okay?" Jonah asked while touching my wrist. I gasped feeling horrid memories come back as I dropped the glass on the ground and it shattered.

"Nerah?!" Jack immediately wrapped his arms around me as the rest of the guys rushed to clean up.

I felt my body trembling and my heart racing.

"You're mine," his voice rang through my mind.

"Stop," I whispered.

His hands wrapped tightly around my wrists leaving bruises.