Rivalry

Every night, Ivy had been crying. I would have gone to comfort her but she'd probably shoo me off and I wasn't sure what to say to her. A couple days ago, I heard her and Dad talking. He was saying something about Scarlett and that he's sorry about her. I didn't want to believe Scarlett would do something to hurt anyone, but I was having trouble.

It was the morning of November 30, Ivy's birthday, I believe. Dad again had left for work and said he would be back in a couple weeks.

The morning was normal for the most part. We'd all eat breakfast together then Ivy would leave outside into the forest while Scarlett, Grey and I would hang out a little bit.

I sat on the couch, watching television. Grey was sitting to my right and Scarlett was clinging on to my left arm. Mom then walked out of the kitchen.

"Do you guys know where Ivy is?" she asked us. Scarlett scorned and ignored her.

"She probably went out to the forest." I told her. Mom sighed. She rarely went outside since her vampire skin was so sensitive to the sun, more than usual.

"Okay, I'll just wait for her to come back inside." Mom walked across the living room and upstairs. Grey then stood up and walked past us.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm gonna go see Ivy," he mumbled. I stood up too, wanting to go with him. I lightly pushed Scarlett so she can come with us.

"Do I have too?" she moaned. I nodded with a smile as she trudged over to us. We walked outside, the sun immediately burning us. The sun was shining bright but as soon as we walked into the forest, the trees blocked the sun, everything once again, becoming dim. We skimmed around the forest until we saw Ivy's deep red hair sprawled against the green leaves and trees. She seemed like she loved the forest.

Ivy's main power is to control the elements and her favorite element was earth. That must be why she loves being 'one within the trees'.

"Hey Ivy!" I said, sitting next to where she was laying. Her beaming smile quickly went back to her normal emotionless face as she saw Scarlett behind me.

"Uh, hi," she murmured.

"Mom said she-" I started but got interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hey! What are you guys doing in the forest Get out of there!" It was Dad, already yelling out commands. Grey and I went over to greet him. When I turned around I saw an explosion. It was tiny. It looked like an explosion that was used in combat. It was silent as well. I saw Scarlett say something, then walk towards us. I couldn't hold in my curiosity so I went back over to where Ivy was at to see what that explosion.

Ivy had changed her position; she was now curled up in a ball. She looked over at me, her tear-stained face saddened as she whimpered.

"W-what happened?" I asked. Her body weakened has she cried.

"Her," she mumbled. I looked back at the house where Scarlett was smiling and jumping around with Dad. I didn't want to believe it.

"Shadow~"