Chapter Ten

For some reason when I try to comment it says I'm not logged in even though I am. I can't even dm people because it says it requires a network connection, but I am connected to internet???

I have tried everything I could think of. Logging out of my account and then logging back in, and deleting the app and reinstalling it, but nothing is working. I don't even know if it'll let me post this chapter.

*********

Jax's POV

Mr. Lee invited me to dinner. He invited me to dinner. I still can't wrap my head around that even while he's sitting right across from me. He's looking at the menu. I'm pretty sure he already knows his order, but I can't be too sure.

I should be looking at the menu as well, but I can't focus on any of the words. Not with my crush sitting less than five feet away from me. I know I should be more careful and try not to get closer to my boss especially after what happened with Mike, but I just can't help myself. Mr. Lee is too enthralling. I can't get enough.

I don't know why I do this to myself. I set myself up for heartbreak by falling for those way out of my league. You'd think by now I'd have learned what happens, but I haven't.

I zone back in to Mr. Lee calling my name. I look up and see the waitress standing there ready to take my order. I choose the first thing I see which is spaghetti with some fancy name.

She walks away and I hear Mr. Lee chuckling. I blush and pick up my drink trying to cover it. He stares at me and I clear my throat before saying:

"So, why did you want to take me out for lunch." I look around to try and get the feeling of his eyes off, but they never stray.

"Well, you've been my assistant for awhile and I wanted to get to know you more." He smiles at me with his perfect lips.

"There's not much to know." I say looking down at my hands.

"Let's start by simple questions. What do you like to do in your free time." I sit here for a second frozen. I don't even know what to say. What if he thinks I'm weird?

"I like to play piano sometimes. That or I'm doing something with Matt." I say and lick my lips when I see him take a sip of his drink.

"Who is Matt?" He asks calmly. A little too calmly.

"Matt's my best friend," I say. "He's been with me through a lot. I don't know what I would do without him honestly."

"Have you ever been more than friends?" He asks. Even though this is my boss, that question is still a little weird. I answer anyway though.

"No, I don't see him that way and I don't think he sees me that way either." He hums and looks around. I shift awkwardly in my seat.

"I'll tell you a little bit about me. Ask me anything." I think for a moment wondering whether or not I should ask if he has a girlfriend, but I decide to play it safe and copy his first question.

"I like to have nights in. Just watching tv or reading a book." I would think he would enjoy going out and partying.

"Uh," I say trying to think of a question. Before I can stop myself I blurt out, "do you have a girlfriend." He laughs before answering;

"No I do not. I wouldn't have one anyways because I root for the other team."