Chapter Twelve

I pick up my phone before going down the stairs. Today Matt was going to go with me to see a movie. We've been planning this since last week. Before I can reach the door I get stopped by my boyfriend, Mike.

"Where are you going?" He asks me in a dangerous tone. I step back out of his grasp. He's never laid a hand on me, but sometimes it feels like he will.

"Matt and I have been planning to see a movie together," I say. "I'm going to go meet him now."

"You know you can't be hanging out with other guys without me." He walks closer to me. His voice has changed. It's gotten deeper.

"Matt is my best friend. Nothing would ever happen between us. You know I love you." I try desperately to talk sense into him even though I know it's useless. He never listens to what I say.

"If you loved me you wouldn't go out with other guys." I've heard this before a thousand times before. Mike has a crazy possessive streak.For the first time, I fight him. I push him away and stomp towards the door. I'm stopped by this roaring noise. I turn around to see what looks like Mike, but his eyes are red and he's taller and his muscles are bigger. He lunges for me-

*

I shoot up in my bed gasping for air. I glance around my room frantically, but calm once I've noticed it was a dream. I get up and walk to the bathroom to splash some water on my face.

Mike is my ex-boyfriend. We were together for three years and in that time he was always so controlling. He hated me hanging out with my friends if he wasn't there. He was convinced I was cheating on him. I loved him and I stayed with him for all that time. I thought maybe one day he would trust me, but he never did. Matt saved me from that relationship and for that I am ever grateful.

I know these updates were small, but I did a double update for that reason.