First Day (Lams)

This is a Lams college AU. I know, how original. Just in case you were wondering, these are all modern AUs. If you request an AU from a different timeline, I'll make that exception.

Alex's POV:

First day of college. I walk into my first class and take a seat. A few moments after I unpacked my things a boy walks in and sits next to me since it was the only open seat. Dang, he's hot. He has a million freckles, curly hair that was in a neat ponytail, and he wore a turtle shirt. Cute. He also looks very strong for being such a little guy. He's a few inches taller than me. It was tall enough to make me look short compared to him. He gave a small smile and wave. I smiled back trying to desperately hold back a blush. He must've noticed because he turned red and turned away. He fidgeted with his hands. I got out a piece of paper and took out a pen. I scribbled 'Sorry' on the paper and slid it over. He looked at the paper I smiled a little. He got out his pencil and wrote 'it's ok, but may I ask why you blushed'. I read it and my eyes went wide. I looked back at him and he was chuckling. I laughed along nervously. I wrote 'I'm gay'. He picked up the paper and he smiled wide. He wrote back 'ME TOO!'. I read the contents once more as my checks went bright red.

"R-Really?" I asked aloud. He turned a little red and mouthed 'Yes'.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

"John. You?"

"Alex." John. What a cute name. DEAR LORD ALEX GET A GRIP. He noticed me internally fighting with myself and he grabbed my hand to try and calm me down. But me being me, I blushed more. He blushed a little. He brought my hand up and kissed it, a faint smirk dancing on his lips. That was it for me, my face must be pure red. He held my hand for the rest of class, while two other students took pictures. I was a little embarrassed, especially since he and I just met. Class ends and he lets go of my hand. Everyone left but John and me.

"W-we just met." I stuttered nervously, my face flushed.

"Actually, we've met before." John said plainly.

"What? When have we met before?"

"Remember a boy that went by Jack in middle school?" He asked. I had a moment of realization. I had a huge crush on him in seventh and eighth grade, but then we went to separate high schools.

"O-oh. I-I had a huge c-crush on you in middle school." I continued to stutter. He beamed.

"I liked you too!" He replied excitedly. I smiled at him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside the classroom to my dorm room that I shared with Laf, one of the students taking pictures earlier. I sat on the bed with John. John grabbed my hands again.

"You wanna go out sometime?" John asked me.

"Why wait at going out?" I smirked.

"Boyfriend?" He questioned.

"Absolutely." I responded. I leaned forward slightly with him holding my cheek. He leaned in and we shared a long, loving kiss. Laf walked in and John and I stopped, both staring at him. He took out his phone and snapped a pic of our red faces and our arms around each other.

"LAFAYETTE?!" We both yelled. He laughed and left the room. John and I looked at each other for a long moment.

"I love you." We said softly in unison, before kissing once more.

This is my first one shot so please don't judge...

Stay toasty mah cinnamon rolls 😘