Self Harm (Lams)

Warning: Self harm | suicide

It was a normal day in the house in the summer. Herc, Laf, Alex and John all lived together. Alex had just gotten back from a date with Eliza and told the guys all about it. John always acted happy for Alex, but he was really dying inside.

"Hey guys." Alex said as he walked in.

"Bonjour mon ami." Laf looked up from his phone. Herc nodded his head to acknowledge Alex since he was playing video games and John merely hummed. Alex raised a brow, but shrugged John's actions off.

"The date was great. We went to dinner, then a play." Alex explained with a smile. John forced a smile and nodded.

"Cool." He choked out.

"John, you okay?" Alex asked with concern. Laf looked at Alex to drop the subject and so Alex shut his mouth. John ran to his room and locked the door. John closed and locked the door. He went to his bathroom and grabbed a blade, making a cut on his wrist for every problem he had just made. Yelling at Alex. One cut. Slapping Alex. Cut two. And so on. Alex followed and hesitantly knocked on his door. He heard crying and knocked again. John whimpered and opened the door a little.

"Go away." John croaked.

"No. Talk to me." Alex answered.

"Leave me alone." He requested again. Alex pushed in the door and hugged John. John pushed Alex away and glared, tears pouring from his eyes.

"Stop." John growled.

"John, you're my best friend. I want to help." Alex placed a hand on John's shoulder. John cried harder.

"THAT'S THE PROBLEM DUMB ASS!" John yelled and slapped Alex. John covered his mouth in shock of what he had just done. Alex teared up and left. Alex stormed into the living room and slumped on the couch.

"Bro, you okay?" Herc asked as Laf nodded in agreement.

"What is John not telling me?!" Alex fumed and threw his hands up. Herc and Laf shared a look and nodded to each other.

"He's in love with you." They said in unison. Alex's eyes widened and he looked down.

"No way..." Alex mumbled. Herc and Laf both nodded.

"It's true mon ami. You break the poor boy's heart every time you speak of Eliza." Laf reasoned.

"How come no one told me before?!" Alex yelled and stood.

"John asked us not to. We were respecting his wishes." Herc said.

"I don't even know what to do. I love Eliza, but my best friend loves me." Alex whispered to himself. There was no crying anymore. Alex went to check on John. He opened the door and started sobbing. John was hanging there. Dead. Alex cried harder the longer he looked. Laf and Herc walked over and when they saw John, they started to break down as well. Love hurts.