Chapter 3: A New Home

(Heyo! I'm proud to say that this is the next chapter of "Taiyo no Megami the Iron Lord" and that we'll be getting a peak at the now named Amaterasu's home and future family! I don't wanna keep y'all waiting so without further ado let the story, BEGIN!)

(I own nothing except my ideas)

The newly-named Ōtsutsuki Amaterasu walked side-by-side with her surrogate grandfather. She was covered with a cloak Nobunaga had given her when they had reached the snowy regions of Tetsu no Kuni. They trudged through the snow as the frozen rain continued to fall around them. They were approaching the palace of the Daimyo of Tetsu no Kuni. Amaterasu was nervous by this idea, but Nobunaga assured her that they could trust him. His assurance, surprisingly, was all she needed.

Nobunaga glanced down at his adoptive granddaughter with a curious expression, "Are you holding up okay, Ammy-chan? I know this is the first time you have experienced snow and the cold."

They had discussed her new name after she told him what she wanted to be called and they agreed a shorter nickname would help so that they didn't have to keep saying Amaterasu all the time. Saying the name of the sun goddess over and over, especially while attaching the name to someone like Ammy who could disguise her vulpine features yet, would bring attention to her that, at the moment, she really didn't need.

Ammy gave the old man a wide grin, "I'm fine, Nobunaga-jiji. My tails are keeping me warm."

Ammy's tails were wrapped around her body to keep them from being noticed. No doubt that even if her celestial, vixen features were covered her tails dragging around from the back of her cloak would've been very noticeable. And as she herself stated, they kept her warm in the snow.

"Good to here. We're almost there. Remember, don't speak unless spoken to. Despite my former position here, I was only a soldier and the man we're going to meet is the Daimyo."

Ammy nodded, "Hai, Nobunaga-jiji."

They continued walking and it wasn't long before a stone wall appeared out of the snowy haze. It was a tall wall, much taller than the surrounding forest, with wooden ramparts that were ornate in design. Torches and samurai guards and sentries could be seen patrolling and standing watch over the fortifications observing for the first sign of trouble.

Pretty soon, they were before a large, wooden, and beautifully-designed gate guarded by four samurai. One of them appeared in front of the approaching duo, "Halt. Identify yourselves."

Nobunaga chuckled a bit, "Do you not recognize me, fuku-taichou? Or perhaps I was before your time."

These words puzzled the guards, "Who are you, stranger. It is obvious you are samurai but what is your name?"

Another chuckle, "My name is Nobunaga, former Tetsu no Kuni taishou, at your service."

He followed this with a slight bow but the 'damage' had been done. The samurai guards were obviously surprised, "Nobunaga-taishou? You are really him? But we were told he had likely passed by now. You were old even amongst the eldest people in our world!"

A depression cloud formed over Nobunaga's head, "Thanks for reminding me, fuku-taichou."

He shook it off, "If you need proof about who I am then compare this to the portrait within the palace you've likely seen a hundred times."

He reached into his bag and pulled out the hand-held mirror he had used earlier to show Ammy her new appearance. At first, the celestial fox-girl was confused, but then she noticed the spark of recognition within the eyes of the samurai, "It truly is you, Nobunaga-taishou. It is an honor to see a legend before our eyes."