Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Soul Eater. zip, zelch, nada. First fanfiction in years, so I am a tad rusty. I do take critism but please NO flames and Enjoy Any suggestions are welcome in the reviews and or you can pm them Stormy

A tired Maka had walked up the stairs to hers and Soul's apartment solo, as Soul ended up getting detention for sleeping throughout their lessons. Not that she could blame him after everything that they have gone through the last few months. First fighting against the witch Blair, granted it has turned out she really wasn't a witch, just a cat with a crazy amount of power. Then to having to fight with their now current professor, to Soul risking his own life to protect her from Ragnarok, therefore getting black blood inside of him. Both have also been tired since failing to complete their goal, Maka has been picking up missions to try to catch up. All Maka wanted to do now was sleep. Getting to her door, she notices a bunch noticing that they were all address to her best friend/partner. Sighing she gathers them up, of letters piled up. Bending down she picks them up opening up the door walking in to just throw them on the table. Maka had a good feeling that the letters were from his fangirls wanting him as a partner.

Til this day, Maka still doesn't understand why Soul stays as her partner. The two were always bickering about the most stupid things. He teased her about her appearance, which deep down hurt because she knew she wasn't as attractive like Blair. She had nothing against Blair but hates how she can get a reaction out of Soul.

Flashback

"Hey, why did you drop me like that for?" Maka looks up from the dumpster

"I don't think we should be partners anymore, Maka. You see, I only want to be witch Blair's weapon now." heart eye Soul expressed

"Oh, do you really want me?" Blair gleamed with joy

"Blair! You used your magic to make Soul wanna be with you. That's a dirty trick." Maka screamed out

"You really are stupid. Any man would choose a girl with a body like Blair's over you and your flat chest. She didn't have to trick me to make me pick her instead of you." sneered Soul

"You men... All of you, you're horrible. Cheating on every woman. But you... you I actually decided to trust... I put my faith in you... I can't believe this... I wish that all of you would just die! Hey, Soul. You said that all women make wild assumptions without reasoning first, right? That's what you said? For what reason do men have for cheating? It's not fair!" tears form in the corner of Maka's eyes

"How am supposed to know? I can't answer that. After all, cool men don't cheat on their partners, do they? Maka!" Soul smirked as his arm turns into scythe around Blair as his other one reaches out for Maka's. Grabbing onto his hand, he turns into a scythe and cuts into Blair, revealing her soul

We've got them all. Good job.

Yes, Soul. Thank you for that.

In the end, the shape and form don't matter at all. It's only the soul that matters, right? Nothing else.

End Flashback

She knew that was the only way to trick Blair but it hurt her at the same time. The reason it hurt her because of the fact that is how Soul thinks of her. Though what confuses her the most was his recent actions during their extra credit assignment at Steins. Memories from that event flooded her mind:

"Back away! I won't let you touch my Meister!" Souls body was pressed over hers protecting her from the crazy professor. She could feel his breath against her skin as he spoke.

Shaking her head from the memories, she knew that she was just kidding herself. Maka knew that nothing would happen between her and Soul. She was just a flatchested, bookworm and an overachiever that he could never see past as being his friend and meister. Soul confuses her as he gets his letters on a daily basis of girls wanting to be his partner. He never says a thing about it, just shakes his head and tosses the letters out. Part of her wonders if he stays just because he knows that she can make him a powerful Death Scythe, while the other deep down thinks he stays cause he may feel more for her, like she did with him. The fact that he may just be sticking around just to use her hurts her deeply.

None of their friends knew about her feelings for Soul. She had to hide them well so no one would judge her. After all, she still has doubts after her parents relationship. Papa did cheat on mama which made her leave to travel the world, leaving Maka alone with Spirit. She knew that she was hard on him but she just couldn't forget the fact he cheated on her mama, making Maka's views on relationships negative.

But Soul did risk his own life to protect her from Ragnarok. All of this makes absolutely no sense to Maka. It was her fault that he was hurt and yet he tells her that its his duty to protect her no matter the cost.

Being lost in her thoughts she didn't hear the door open. Her best friend and weapon had ditched out of the last 30 minutes of detention to just go home and sleep. Walking into the apartment, he saw Maka on the couch lost in space. He looked at her then down at the table. Seeing more letters, figuring they were more partner request letters. Shaking his head, Soul walks over to the couch and flops down next to Maka. Not flinching to the couch moving, he waves his hand in front of her

"Earth to Maka, you in there?" no response he calls out for her louder "Maka you ok? Maka?" seeing her turn her head, she must have heard him.

"Oh Soul when did you get home?" she asked with a confused look on her face

"A few minutes ago, what's got you spacing out?" he looked into her eyes trying to read them. She was good at hiding her true emotions and feelings. He wanted to be able to break down her walls and show her not every guy is like her father.

"Huh? Oh nothing just tired is all. No need to worry. "she lied not wanting to face the fear of rejection. Maka got up from the couch and started to walk towards her room. She turns her head to look into his crimson eyes. She can see something in his eyes but couldn't place it. Shaking her head as she spoke.

"I'm going to take a nap. Don't worry about dinner, I'll make it when I wake up" not waiting for a response, she walked into her room locking her door as she slips under her blankets to sleep.

Soul just stayed in his spot on the couch and just picked up the remote and flipped through the channels, leaving the untouched letters on the table. Granted the tv was playing but his mind was somewhere else.

Whats gotten into Maka? She's been acting strange and won't speak to me about what's going on. I know that sometimes I pick on her and tease her about her appearance but it not like I actually mean the shit I say. She should know me better then that for Death sakes, we have been partners for a long time. Maybe she is having issues with Blair and her living here? Or Maybe it was the letters he kept receiving? Whatever it was, he was going to find out.

Getting up and turning he tv off Soul grabbed the letters and tossed them in the trash. He was going to let her rest for now but he will be getting his answers one way or another. He walks into his room laying down on his bed and falls into a deep sleep.

Maka's Room

Maka woke up, looking to her nightstand where her clock was. seeing that it was just a lil after midnight, she just stay in bed. She didn't realize that she slept that long, forgetting that she told Soul that she would make dinner. He prob just went over to Black Stars for food, as Tsubaki always made more never knowing how much Black Star would actually consume. Sighing she just laid in bed with thoughts of Soul consuming her mind. She thinks it would be just easier if Soul could stop being such an ass about her appearance. Maybe if she looked like Tsubaki, Liz, Patty or hell even like Blair she could keep his attention.

Souls room

Soul laid awake in his bed. he couldn't get to sleep because she was on his mind. Whether he is awake or asleep she was always on his mind. He knew once he closed his eyes and went unconscious he would have one of those dreams. He knew that he had strong feelings for his meister. He just needed to find a way to tell her without getting rejected or even worse a maka chop for even joking about having feelings for her. She had major issues trusting men because of her no good father. He just wanted to prove to his best friend that he was nothing like her father and that he was different from the rest and he will accomplish this one way or another. Sighing, he pulled his blankets up and rolled over to try to get some sleep. Grateful that tomorrow is Friday and he would have the weekend to come up with a plan.

A/N: there be the first chapter I know rusty as hell but hoping to get better with each chapter :) Stormy