Chapter 6

Disclaimer: The usual stuffs don't own Soul Eater and I hope you all enjoy reading :D

AN: I'd like to thank the 13 people who are following the story, you guys rock! I apologize for the delay in updating but work for both myself and my beta reader has been really hectic! There should be one or two more chapters left of Right in front of you PLUS I will be having other stories uploaded for both Soul Eater and Fairy Tail. Stay Tune ALL

Soul finally made it to the basketball court after Black Star kept on texting him to hurry his ass up. He had changed into a pair of black shorts and a white tank. He made his way over to Black Star, who was doing pull ups on the hoop.

"Yo man we playing or are you just gonna work out?" Soul asked as he high five Black Star who got off the hoop.

"Ya man just waiting for your late ass. Let's go" He grabbed the ball, throwing it to Soul who threw it back to him and began the game.

"So Tsubaki doesn't know you left the house?" Soul asked as he made his way around Black Star to make a shot but missed.

"Nah, I had to get out of there, I couldn't stand being cooped up any longer. Those stupid meds knocked me out good. Tsubaki told me that you stopped by the other day." he grabbed the ball and made his way down the court.

"Yea, I needed to talk to her about some stuff." he said while blocking the shot to gain possession. Taking a shot of his own Soul was able to make the first basket.

"What kind of stuff?" Black Star asked as he tried to make his way past Soul, who was doing a good job dodging the questions.

"Just stuff dude, you don't need to be so damn nosey." Soul ground out a bit frustrated.

"Hey man, your not making moves on my goddess are you?!" he asked trying to make another shot but only to have Soul steal the ball.

"Am I what?! A cool guy like me would never pull a move like that. Like I said I had to talk to her about stuff I'm going through and vice versa."

"What do you mean and "Vice Versa" what could Tsubaki have to talk to you about that she can't talk to me?" Black Star was getting frustrated as he made another shot.

"Man all I'm gonna say is talk to her and that we are both serious dumbasses." he grinned as they both kept blocking each others shots.

"What do you mean by that. I'm the one that's going to surpass God one day!" Black Star grinned as he dunked the ball in the hoop.

"Dude you are a moron. Remember when we fought Kid on his first day?" Black Star nodded as Soul continued.

"Tsubaki thought you wanted to switch her out with me just because we tried to work together. She was afraid, confused and hurt." Soul emphasized each word with thump of the ball.

"Wait, did Maka feel the same way?"

"Nah, she didn't, we talked that day plus she knows I wouldn't leave her like that." as he made the final shot the game ended up being a tie. Both boys fell back on the bench breathing hard before Black Star spoke.

"Hey Soul?"

"Ya man?"

"So you and maka?" he asked.

"Maka and I what?" he groaned knowing where this conversation was going.

"You know, you guys ok?" he sounded a bit nervous and even though he might not show it sometimes, these were his friends and he did care.

"Working on it Star. Just taking it one day at a time. Don't want to rush things with her."

"What do you mean you two..." Star asked confused.