Chapter 2 "Only For His Sake"

Your POV

I looked in the mirror. Now what? I thought in boredom.

It's finally the end of Friday which meant the weekend was here! But I didn't have anyone to talk to. I popped my head out of my door and called my dad. No reply.

Perfect! He won't notice I'm gone. I thought.

I still locked my bed room door, put on my suit and left through the window. The first thing I saw was Spider Man watching the traffic up on a sky scraper. I made a soft landing onto the roof of the building.

"Today's the birthday of a dead loved one," His voice was faint and filled with sorrow.

I walked over and sat next to him. I looked down, "I'm sorry."

I hesitated to take his hand but did it anyway. A weird noise escaped from his lips. I felt a small smile form on my face.

"Who was this person?" I asked.

Spider Man looked at me, "H-he's my uncle."

He let go of my hand and whispered something. I couldn't hear what he said but I didn't ask. I felt as if I had to say something but could not think of it.

"It's beautiful...the view I mean...." He had a voice crack.

I only nodded and sucked in a deep breath. He looked at me and sat closer to me. I felt my cheeks burn and tried to look back at him but struggled. I was expecting something to happen like a kiss but instead was asked a question.

"What about you?" He asked.

I felt confusion rise over me, "What about me?"

"Have you lost anyone?" Spider Man looked down again.

I started to remember, "Yes...I had lost my boyfriend...not so long ago..."

I heard him gasp in surprise, "How long ago?"

I felt tears emerge, "About 8 months ago. In a car crash."

It became quiet. Spider Man faced towards the sunset. But the sounds of sirens in the distance interrupted the silence between what could've been a perfect moment. We both took off without saying where we should go.

"I see a car crash. You know what to do," Spider Man said with affection.

I nodded and rushed over to check if everyone was out of the car. Surprisingly the police were still trying to make their way through the busy traffic. I saw one little girl inside the car. The Mom was screaming as the car was close to falling off a bridge. Underneath is water but too far down. Anyone could die from a fall like that.

I saw Spider Man webbing a net below just in case the car falls. The little girl was knocked out. I knew that moving a unconscious person is not a smart choice but the car was about to fall and it could kill her. I made my way swiftly and gently grabbed the girl. But the car tipped over...

Peter's POV

I froze. I heard Spider Girl scream but she webbed the girl to the bridge. I was hanging off a strand. The way she webbed the girl could brake the web. I had a choice, save Spider Girl or save a little girl that can't save herself. I had one hand. I could not use both.

I grabbed the girl and gently put her into her mother's arms. Then ran over but it was too late. The web saved the car...but probably not Spider Girl. I made my way down and saw her choking to death from a web.

"SPIDER GIRL!" I cut the web.

She fell into my arms. I held onto her tightly and saw her passed out. I got to the nearest building and laid her down onto the roof. I held onto her and felt her pulse.

Normal. I noted.

I thought of taking off her mask...but the sounds of her coughing interrupted my thoughts.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" I yelled. At this point I didn't care if it came off harsh I just wanted her to be okay.

"Calm down!" She yelled over me.

I took a deep breath.

"I ran out of web fluid while I webbed the girl onto the bridge. A web of yours choked me." I could feel a glare coming from her.

"HOW? I was already hanging on one?!"

She paused, "Remember your net? You used the bridge to support it but a loose web caught me by my neck."

I felt dumb but happy she was alive. I let my arms rap around her and my cheeks were burning with fury.

"You gonna be okay?" I asked letting go.

Your POV

Does he really care about me?! I asked myself.

I only nodded. I knew I desperately needed webs but Spider Man read my mind before I told him. He handed me webs.

"Thanks..." I felt my cheeks burn.

"Yeah...so I have been wondering..." His voice was cracking again, "We've known each other for almost a year but yet never saw each other's masks off."

I knew where he was going...

"What do you think?"

I shook my head, "Spider Man...you know it's not safe. What if a villain finds out we know each other's identity and tries to use us for something."

What if you know about my crush...what if something were to happen between you to? I'm doing this for his sake not only yours.

I went over my thought. No. I'm doing this only for his sake.

I felt selfish. But realized...is it really for his sake only? For Peter's? What if I'm really doing this for Spider Man?!