Chapter 18 "The Biggest Battle Yet"

*three days later*
Your POV

"Fury! Where is Christopher?" I yelled demandingly as I marched my way over to him.

"What do you mean kid?" He asked.

"Okay, if you don't know where Christopher Laurence is, then I'm going to have to ask you for his file as well," I said in a terrible mood.

Fury looked at his window as if he didn't want to see my face, "What do I get in return?"

I laughed, "Your kidding."

Fury finally turned around with an unpleased look on his face, "I'm helping you a lot here. I gave your mother's file to you and kept this a secret from your father, Peter and your sister. Of course I want something in return."

I rolled my eyes, "Fury, I'm solving a case YOU haven't cracked in years. I'm already technically paying you back. So it's either give me the file or I solve the case somehow and don't give you any desperate information you have been looking for."

Fury gave me a questioned look, "And how will agent Laurence's file help you solve this case?"

I cleared my throat, "Think about it Fury, Laurence left on the 10th right? Two days later a tech piece of yours went missing and then people went looking for it but either got shot and killed or brutally injured. Put on your thinking cap for once because this case is easier then it looks."

Fury nodded, "I know. I solved it once your mother passed. Except, your only looking for answers. I know Laurence killed your mother using the SHEILD weapon that went missing but the only thing I can't figure out is where Laurence is now, where the weapon is and also your mother's secrets she took to her grave."

I smiled, "Give me the file. It will most likely have clues to where Laurence is now and where the weapon is."

Fury sighed, "Fair enough. But when your done, I want both files safely back where they  belong."

"Yes sir," I said with a solute.

Fury handed me the file. I ran home and went through my window quickly. But the sight of my ring caught me off guard. I smiled remembering that moment...

~Flashback~

I sighed looking at the ring Peter was holding out while was on one knee. I recognized it as my mother's.

"Of course I'll marry you," I sobbed tears of joy as Peter put my ring on my left hand and on my ring finger.

He stood up and hugged me. I sobbed on his shoulder happily.

"I love you so much," Peter broke the hug as we both latched lips. It was a long kiss. But it was a good one.

~Back to the present~

I somehow got myself out of my memory. I then felt horrible because I felt like I was betraying my future husband. I wasn't telling him anything and it was killing me.

I opened his yellow folder that held his files. The first thing I saw was an image of a man who was muscular but slim. His hair was styled in a short buzz cut that was black. His eyes were ice blue. He had a tattoo of a skull on his left bicep.

This guy doesn't look like a Christopher to me.

I looked at one of the papers. It was like my mom's first file I saw: