Chapter 8 : Gone

Katsuki headed to open the window to call out for you . But his eyes widened and breath hitched when he saw the forest , on fire .

He rushed outside , the dragon was already flustered , trying to find an enter to the forest but he was too big to fit between the burning trees . Katsuki's brain went blank suddenly , flashbacks were racing in his head .

Sweat started gathering on his forehead , slowly finding it's way down his face . The dragon growled toward him which woke him up his daze . He rushed inside without hesitation after he realized that you were nowhere to be seen .

"God damn it" he mumbled to himself , trying his best to avoid the flames . He then started to call out "Y/N!!" while looking around for any sight of you .

Katsuki hissed on the feeling of his arm getting stung by the fire , he shifted away while covering it in pain . However he didn't stop running , he saw some of the trees burn and collapse , some of the creatures and the animals were already dead .

He was the king , however he couldn't do anything to stop this . Just like back then . The fire was all around the area so he can't do anything about it . Just like back then . Damn it .

Katsuki tried not to feel dizzy but the smoke wasn't making it possible . He coughed , tripping on his own stumbling footsteps "n-no , not again" he panted out . Pushing himself up and forward .

Just when he was about to go to the other side , he caught a glimpse of you , on the ground . He never felt more relieved in his life , he hurried to you and cupped your cheeks .

You were unconscious , he picked you up in his arms and stood with difficulty . He heard something crack , he looked up and saw as a branch of a tree broke down . Katsuki ran as fast as he can and searched for the exit of the forest .

And when he finally got out , he let himself collapse on the ground , resting your body on top of his . He watched the dragon hurry to them with a relieved growl , he pulled them away from the forest and then sat beside Katsuki .

They watched the forest slowly burn , Katsuki clenched his fist "it's gone.." he whispered , gritting on his teeth .

"Everything is gone..again" he continued , dragon rubbed his head on his arm as a comfort .

§§§

You took a sharp breath , sitting straight before groaning from the pain in your leg . You looked around , sighing in relief when you recognized the house .

It was dark outside , you massaged your temple while looking around for Katsuki . You tried moving your leg to stand but you hissed when it stung so you sat until the door opened and Katsuki stepped in .

"K-Katsuki!" You called when he came closer to you , he pushed you to rest when you tried standing up "sit your ass down" he mumbled as he pulled your leg gently which cause you to groan .

He glanced back at you while moving your leg carefully to his lap , and then rubbed some kind of ointment on the wound . You clutched his cape , enduring the stinging as he wrapped it with a bandage .

"Y-You came for me , didn't you?" You mumbled as soon as you saw his bandaged arm , he rested your leg back on the bed and leaned on his other arm "well , we're here aren't we?"

You sighed and pointed at his arm "yeah but you got hurt because of me" you mumbled again , already feeling guilty . He flicked your forehead "then you want me to leave you there and let you die?"

You stayed silent , he's right but you still felt that you were nothing but a burden to him . "Anyways , why did you even go there?" He scolded and you pouted , explaining the voice that you heard .

He smacked your head and you whined while glaring at him , he glared back "even so , you shouldn't have interfered you dumbass" he scolded again and you sighed while nodding .

"That doesn't matter anymore , the forest is gone now" he mumbled , crossing his hand . Your eyes softened as you slightly touched his hand "I'm sorry" you whispered and he frowned .

He smashed his palm on your face "spare me from the apologizing shit" he clicked his tongue and you fought to remove his hand . But he didn't so you bit him and he quickly pulled away "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU , A DOG?!" He yelled .

You laughed , staring at him with a smile as he continued complaining about your shitty attitude and how he need to tame you . His indirect way of expressing care made your heart flutter .

And for once , you were glad that you were still here , by his side .