Tourist

"Hey, where are we going!?"

I yelped, virtually helpless to Brian as he tugged me down the foyer.

"We're going to see the town!"

We burst out of the peeling wood doors of the house, ran through the gate, and stopped in front of a beat up motorcycle.

Brian then picked me up with almost no effort, and plopped me on the back seat of the motorcycle.

He unclipped a black motorcycle helmet from the handlebars of the motorcycle and plonked it on my head.

"He- What are you doing?!?"

I yelled at Brian in protest.

"Getting you on the motorcycle so we can tour Seaton!"

He yelled back. Brian then swiftly jumped onto the motorcycle and revved the engine.

Most likely grinning, he sped off down the road towards the town, with me clinging to his rumpled t-shirt for dear life.

"AAAAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD"

I stated as Brian sped through the sleepy neighborhood at about 95 miles an hour.

"WHOOOHOO!!!" Brian yelled like a ecstatic madman.

A little fun fact about our neighborhood: There is only one line of houses, and the other side of our neighborhood is lined by the beach.

The way the neighborhood was designed, Brian could easily swerve off of the street and onto the road. Which was exactly what he did.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU DOING???"

"DON'T WORRY, I CAN HANDLE THIS!!!"

Brian yelled to me over the sound of rubber wheels tearing through hard packed sand.

Soon we were riding over the seashore, flying over the water as if this were Hagrid's magical motorcycle flying over Britain, except this wasn't Britain, we weren't flying, Brian wasn't Hagrid, and I sure as heck wasn't Harry Potter.

Water sprayed behind us in a grand flume, rising, catching the mid-morning sunlight, and then falling back to earth.

"THIS IS THE BEACH!!!"

Brian explained to me.

"I CAN SEE THAT!!!" I told him. And with that, we sped off the beach and towards town, sand trailing behind us.

When we reached Seaton, Brian slowed the motorcycle to a speed any sane person would be driving a motorcycle at.

As we sped towards town, I leaned forward and asked,

"Hey Brian, just wondering, but how old are you?"

Without taking his eyes off the road (thank god) he laughed and said, "Oh, about 16."

16??? How did he get a motorcycle license? Did he even have his driver's license???

Brian then proceeded to show me the small town of Seaton.

Basically, it consisted of a bunch of small business shops, a movie theater currently showing 2 movies, and a giant library. Like, a really, really big library. And that was pretty much it.

When we finally got home, Brian flopped on the couch, grinned, and asked me, "So, what did you think of Seaton?"

"I think..." I flopped onto the couch next to him. "You drive like a maniac." Brian straightened up with indignity.

"What? I drive perfectly fine, thank you!" He pushed me playfully, then slumped back onto the couch, clearly tired from a day of driving around Seaton. I smiled.

"Yeah, sure."