Cookie Dough

I then did something I never did with him before. I kissed him first.

     The kiss shocked him as he jolted upright and let me do it. Then, after he adjusted, he kissed me back, moving his hands from mine to my upper back. He moved towards me, and I felt myself start to lay down with him in top of me.

     We just kept making out. He didn't grab at my butt or my boobs. He didn't make a motion to pull out his dick. He just kissed me back as I put my hands behind his head.

     After what seemed like forever, he slowly pulled away. I just looked at him, his blue-green eyes gazing into mine with soft love. I felt a lump in the back of my throat, a threat from my body to start crying, but I forced myself to hold the tears back. My heart swelled as we just stared, taking in each other's presence.

     "Mark, I- I- I think I like you more than just sex."

     He looked at me in awe, his eyes glazing. "Serena, I think I like you more than just sex, too."

     His words made my entire body fill with love. I was undoubtedly in love with him.

     We kissed one last time, passionately, and just cuddled until we both fell asleep on my couch. No sex.

     When I woke up, it was 2 in the morning and my stomach was in immense pain. I shuffled to the bathroom and felt a rush of vomit come up. I reached the toilet just in time and threw up the butter pecan ice cream from that evening. Disgusted, I downed a glass of water and went back to the couch with Mark, who was still asleep.

     I checked my phone before I dosed off again and texted Gale that I was taking a sick day from work. She texted back, but her's was a photo of her ass.

     I bit my lip, but knew that what we were doing was wrong- especially since I had just spilled my guts out to Mark about love the night before.

     I just shut my phone off and didn't respond. It was a confusing question for me- do I still do my other job? I hadn't been in a relationship since high school. I didn't even know what constituted as a date at this point.

     Stopping my thoughts to sleep, I awoke the next morning with Mark cooking breakfast. It smelled like bacon and eggs, and I heard the toaster go off, too. I brought myself upright, yawning in the process. Mark smiled at me.

     "Good morning, Serena," he said.

     "Morning," I replied, smiling at him. I felt a little sick again, but didn't think much of it as I went to grab a glass of orange juice from the fridge.

     "I heard you get up in the middle of the night. You okay?"

     I nodded while drinking my oj. "Yeah, I think I ate something bad last night, though. I made it to the toilet."

     "Oh, wow. I'm sorry. Do you know what'll make you feel better?" He smirked at me, dumbing scrambled eggs onto a plate of mine. I smiled back at him, pretending to be clueless.

     "What?"

     He walked over to me and grabbed my hands from across the breakfast bar. "This."

     With that, he engulfed me into a kiss. I laughed at first, then joined him and kissed back. It felt so good to kiss him for the love and not for payment.

     When he pulled away, he finished preparing us plates and sat next to me at the bar. He then cleared his throat and asked, "Do I have to pay you for last night?"