Blink: The Escape

I stood, staring at the place where my new crush had just vanished. This was insanity. A super hot angel is my Guardian Angel?! Um, that's normal.

I slumped back to my house, disappointed we didn't get to hang out longer. My shoes crunched across the gravel. I couldn't stop thinking about David.

When I reached the gate to the ranch, I saw a blur of a body going into the barn.

I ran to the barn's doors, throwing them open. YES! David!

I sprinted to David, throwing my arms around him and kissing him on the cheek. Ummmmm. I looked at him. He had his blue shirt and jeans again. Awww:(

"Miss me?" He laughed.

"We need to get out of here; I can't take it!" I explained.

"OK, OK!" He giggled. "Just, don't pack anything. You won't need it. I can get you good food, and buy you clothes."

"No! I can't let you buy all of that for me!" I protested.

He pushed his face close to mine, looking into my eyes. His blue ones into my green. "Yes you can." Oh, so he knew I had a crush on him. He was playing with me. Darn.

"Um, what about the horses?" I asked.

"Oh, Promise and Hope will be shipped up to Las Angeles, and sent through the portal to Second Heaven."

"Second Heaven?" I asked.

"First Heaven is for Believers of Christ who have died and Christ Himself. Second Heaven is for chosen angels, and those they rescue," He explained.

"Ooohhhhhh."

"So let's go!" David said with a smile.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a silver car.

"Your old enough to drive?" I asked.

"I've got a permit," he said with a smirk. "Buuuutttttt Guardian Angels have an advantage," he said, flashing a license and an award winning smile. He pulled open the shotgun door for me and I plopped inside. He crawled in the other, starting the engine.

We pulled out of the drive, and I didn't even think about my dad once.

It was a long drive to Las Angeles, all the way from Canada. But we did stop at Buc-ee's! It took a couple days, but I wasn't complaining.

When we finally reached L.A., we stopped at a little diner to get something to eat. Yummmmm. Over dinner at the diner(lol) David told me that the portal to SH (Second Heaven) was behind an abandoned factory. Yup. Exactly where you imagined Second Heaven to be.

David searched for about an hour behind a random building until he finally touched the right brick. "Ah, yes! Finally!"

A door appeared.

David had told me earlier that there was a secret knock.

Bonk bonka bonk bonk, bonk bonk.

The door slid open.

David grabbed my hand and led me through the dark hallway with a pinprick of light at the end. But then, as we were nearing the end of the tunnel I blacked out.

Darkness.