The One With Shaving

"Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen."

Barry smiled as he walked through the CCPD.

Just having spent that time stuck in the speedforce.

There were not many changes since before he was in there.

Except now, he and Iris were broken up. It was as clean as a break up could be, Barry supposed. But even if it was a mutual break, there still seemed to be some unresolved bitterness between him and Iris.

Barry didn't want to think about that right now. He was back at the CCPD and has been for a month.

He walked, file in hand with his gaze searching for his captain, taking the occasional detour to make small talk with his co-workers. He headed towards the holding cells and shifted his gaze when he saw who he was looking for. "I have that file you asked for!" Barry told him, voice raised to a certain extent as he closed the distance between himself and the captain.

"Allen, I see the speed in your work ethic has improved over your absence." Captain Singh told him, his voice emotionless, but a fond look was buried in his eyes.

Barry laughed nervously at that, taking it a little too literally, "Yeah I guess you can say that."

"Thanks for this, I assume you have work to get back to." Captain Singh told him before walking past Barry and into the depths of the CCPD.

"Ye-" Barry cut himself off when he saw what; no, who was behind Singh and pacing around lost in thought of his holding cell.

Leonard? Why isn't he dead?

Barry felt his mouth become dry as he stared at the thief.

Over the time Leonard was 'dead', Barry had figured out he had feelings for Leonard, and way too late. Or at least he thought it was too late.

Now he wasn't so sure.

"Hey Barr," Joe abandoned his original sentence when he noticed Barry's flustered state, "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." He studied Barry's face in an attempt to access what was wrong.

"Something like that." Barry didn't look at Joe and he gestured his head towards Leonard, Joe's eyes followed Barry's gaze and he raised his eyebrows in shock when he saw the man.

Leonard had his eyebrows furrowed, switching between glancing around his holding cell and looking at his watch. Barry noticed the man kept messing with his fingers, the pinky one mostly. His hair was longer and looked darker. It being short was probably what made it look like it was greying. Barry guessed. He also noticed some stubble along the thief's jaw and just above his upper lip. His clothes only made him look more disheveled. Black, worn out moto jeans, black leather boots that had many scuffs and holes in them, and an old black, dirt stained sweater.

God, even a mess and he still looks beautiful.

Leonard seemed to actually say something, that Barry could hear. "If I'm here, does that mean Mick is dead?" As the thought seemed to cross his mind an anguished emotion blanketed his face and he looked completely broken, that is, if anyone actually knew him enough to recognize the emotion on his face.